Monday, October 6, 2008

Jadon’s Birthday

Yesterday, Jadon turned 5!  We had a wonderful family filled weekend!  I have TONS of pictures to sort though!  I really hope to get that done, create a slide show, and share some of those… sometime yet this year!  (did you see my week on the menu plan!!  AHHH!!!)

I didn’t want to let this day go by though, without posting a little bit about the day!

We got Jadon directly from the hospital.  We got a call on that Sunday morning that his birth mom was in the hospital in labor, in Florida.  Then we got a call that my grandpa had passed away during the night.  My parents were on vacation.  I had my 4 kids, a foster daughter, and was so ripped to shreds and stressed about what in the world I was supposed to do! 

My parents called that morning to check on the news of Jadon’s birth.  That is when I told them that my dad’s dad had died. 

They flew in.  We flew out.  Jadon was born.  Grandpa was laid to rest.  And we were stressed!

Jadon birth

Is this not a stressed face…

Jadon birth 2

Jadon was not the first baby we were in the hospital with, hoping to adopt.  But he was the first we got to keep. I can’t describe the emotional roller coaster adoption is.  (At least not today)

From this past week!

DSC07003

DSC07173

Too excited to go to bed the night before…

DSC07187

Birthday Breakfast…

DSC07189

Birthday bonfire…

DSC07198

I have to add a few of the funny things he said yesterday.  My parents called, the were wishing him a happy birthday.  He told them.  “I am 5 now, I get to go to Kindergarten!”

I corrected him.  “No, not yet.”

Jadon:  “YOU TRICKED ME!!  YOU SAID I’D GO TO KINDERGARTEN WHEN I AM FIVE!!”

Me:  “You will, just not for a while yet.  you have to finish preschool first.”

later in the morning… he got sent to the time out chair… I know, even on his birthday…

Jadon:  “Fine then!  I am just NOT going to be five!”

Me:  “ok.”

Jadon:  “And, I am NOT going to kindergarten!!”

Me:  “ok, but you are sitting in time out”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADON!!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  WE CAN’T IMAGINE WHAT OUR LIVES WOULD BE LIKE WITHOUT YOU!!  YOU ARE AMAZING! 

Pam

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great Pics! What a wonderful birthday waffle and he was as precious as a baby as he is now!!

Mom24 said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful baby. What an emotional roller coaster. I hope he had a wonderful birthday. Enjoy 5, in some ways I feel like it's the last of the 'baby' stage.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Happy birthday Jadon, you little rascal you! It's a good thing you're cute! WE love you!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a precious post. He is sure a handsome little boy, & very smart too. You are so blessed!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a precious post. He is sure a handsome little boy, & very smart too. You are so blessed!

sarah.flyingkites said...

What a BEAUTIFUL little baby!

Love the 'kindergarten' conversation...too cute!

Erin said...

Sounds like Jadon had a great birthday!! I laughed so hard at his "you tricked me!" comment on going to Kindergarten. Aren't kids great!!