Monday, September 14, 2009

Please say a prayer for my computer & my new business

Last night I started working on the pictures from the two photo shoots I had this weekend. I downloaded them all to my computer AND ERASED THEM ALL FROM MY CAMERA.

Suddenly the computer froze.

I had to unplug it to get it to shut off.

When I went to turn it back on the button stuck.

I left it go.

Praying that it was only the button and that it would work in the morning.

This morning I used a tiny screw driver to get the button unstuck and got the computer on.

But, It won't boot. I keep getting an error screen.

I am praying that this is just the button and not the hard drive.

I had not moved any of my work from the past week to the external hard drive so it would all be gone.

I just took the computer in to be looked at.

I am using my parents computer to post.

I did order my new computer at the end of last week. But that doesn't get back the work I had on the other one does it.

What a way to start a new business.

"I am sorry, I lost all your pictures. Can we do that again??"

"oh, and here's your money back"

GRRRRRR!!!!!

Last week, I got a phone call from a ministry that I have worked with some. The lady told me that at 4:00 in the morning she woke up and heard God tell her that she needed to ask "Pam to take pictures for their upcoming benefit".

She continued to pray about it and told me she feels that God is calling me to take pictures.

I am very thankful for this opportunity and excited to have this kind of prayerful support!! FOR SURE!!

And now to have these computer problems. It feels like a war against me. Again. No surprise there.

So, pray that all my files are safe and sound!

And I promise that I will back up all files before I delete from my camera from now on!!

Learning some hard business lessons, aren't I.

I'll add that to the one that says, "always make sure they have your sell phone number and I have theirs"

Thankful for friends who are letting me work through these growing pains on them, but I still want my pictures from that shoot back!!! :)

Thanks!

Pam

8 comments:

Mom24 said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry. These lessons are definitely not fun. Hoping everything is recoverable.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh no. That stinks. I did that a while back too. An external hard drive is a must.
Hugs,
Mimi

Gayle said...

So sorry for your frustration. Not very good timing! Hopefully it will all work out with only a minor delay.

Momof3 said...

That same thing happened to me less than two weeks ago. Luckily I had an uncle who could help but I still lost all my work so I totally understand most of your frustrations. I do not have a photography business but do have all my businesses records on my computer. Hard lesson learned. Getting a external hard drive as soon as I can.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh no! as a photographer, i am cringing! you poor thing!

Michelle Riggs said...

Praying! We know too well what you are feeling. We have had many moments like that with computers this year.

Praying for your business and family. AND the pictures that are stuck on your computer.

Thank you for faithfully praying for Abby.

Paula V said...

How awful. God will bring you through this EVEN IF you do have to tuck your tail and go tell your customers their pictures were eaten by you computer. How cool that God woke another soul for you. I love when He wakes a person in the middle of the night. Okay, maybe they don't so much or maybe that say "that's great Lord, but could you tell me in the morning?"
Keep me posted.

I wondered why I'd not gotten any texts lately..You've been frazzled.
Love,
P

Bethany said...

Oh no! I'll be praying that you can recover the pictures somehow. Ouch....to lose photos :(