Wow. At the end of an extremely busy summer day, I about want to opt out of putting up this post today! Summer is so much fun, and so exhausting!! What a wonderful combination!
I would love to challenge each of you to join me this week and all summer long in capturing moments that we want to remember forever. Summertime is full of them and we are just headed into a summer full of them! I would be so excited if many more of you joined my regular, faithful friends who join me in this! Instructions will be at the end of this post.
Baseball. Staying up late. Zoo trips. Cedar Point. Friends over. Cousins. Work. Conditioning. sleeping in. Summer…
Our summer vacation just started this past Wednesday… already we have done each of the things mentioned above. (well, some of us have)
James is working for a landscaping company. He will work almost every day, until August, when football will start. In the evenings he will either hang out with friends, or be conditioning for football. The other night he rode his four-wheeler over to his friend’s house. It started to rain, and he rode it home in the rain. He came in dripping… I took his picture… and he posed…
Cute, huh…
Zach won’t be doing too much work. Work for me, and mowing at a neighbor’s house. Conditioning with the football & the basketball team… while trying to (against his will) let his knee heal. Spending as much time with friends as he can, and finishing his baseball season up. He went to Cedar Point yesterday with the whole 8th grade. Today grandpa took him and his cousin and 2 friends to a baseball game in Cincinnati. Cubs vs. Reds. Zach wore his Cubs shirt. I’ve mentioned before we are in a hard age, we could use your prayers.
random shot.
Leah made cheerleading, so I know her summer will involve some of that, I just don’t know what yet. She has begged every day since school was out for friends to come over. I expect it to continue daily…
Lucas is playing ball a lot these days! As we make up rained out games we have been to the diamonds three nights this week! I finally remembered my camera!
Check out the smile he flashed me after he hit and made it to first!! (fence is so annoying!!)
Jadon got a hair cut…
He adores it. I could do without it. He is cute though. Today at the zoo he was so funny! He was afraid of the goats! He is never afraid of things… goats. yup. He went in and out of the pen 3 times, but he did keep at it and did conquer his fear!
Today at the zoo was the first time I believe we went strollerless! I love it! I DONT miss pushing a stroller in a crowded place! NOT AT ALL!! Kiahna was a good girl. Mostly. Her ability to have a boundary with strangers is not very good. Patting people, taking popcorn, kicking a stroller… needs boundaries. Bad.
It is a yearly tradition for my mom to take us all to the zoo one day of the summer. My sister’s baby is due in about a week, so she wanted to go before it is born. I have always really been stressed out by going to the zoo with all the kids. It is always so hot & crowded.
Today, though, I really enjoyed it. It was crowded, very crowded, but it was such gorgeous high 70’s sunny, breezy weather that it was not even that annoying! And my kids are getting older, so it was not quite as difficult to do this with them!! I could actually say I will miss this, at these older ages!!
Too many moments to choose just one!! What a great day! I’m gonna miss it all!!
Pam
If you have never played along, I invite you to join in! If you want to read the detailed description of how to play along read the guidelines here.

Mr. Linky is not working once again, wasn’t it earlier this week?? Not sure what is up or what others are doing. but i guess for now you will have to leave a comment telling us that you wrote a post to link up to this one. Don’t forget to mention in you post for others to come over to my blog and read all of ours!! And you can use the button above in your post too if you like.
12 comments:
I beat ya to it today..lol. I knew you were busy with a ball game (via twitter).
What a great post and truly your words really reveal your kids personalities. Lucas..is so charming!
Jadon..pure adorable.
Here is my link.
Your Gonna Miss this post.
Summer is so much fun! I love the fact that my kiddos are still young enough to let me enjoy it with them! (won't be that way for long, I am sure!) Looks as though yours is starting out great! We love the zoo, but it is not too hot to go, so we will have to wait! We will be visiting Cedar Pointe in July though when we will be in MI...so excited! My 8 yr old talked us into a summer mohawk too! funny!
Here is my Your Gonna Miss This moment!
http://mccrakensx4.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-im-gonna-miss-this-moment.html
Have a great Saturday!
We don't have a zoo, but we do have a lot of the same memories. Ah, teenagers...I'm having such a go-around with Elijah (he's 13). I'm not sure I'll miss those battles. lol Looks like you had a great week.
Pam, I love all your pictures...such cute, handsome and sweet kids! THey are definitely full of life! I love summer too, but not quite as busy as you, but busy enough for me right now! I have loved watching Alex play baseball too! It goes too fast!
{I'm always a lot quicker posting mine...I can't help it, I love this meme! thanks!}
http://martinmanorhappenings.blogspot.com/2009/06/youre-gonna-miss-thismoment-simple.html
wow busy mama! that is a lot of moments :) but yup, they all look fun and wonderful, have a great weekend
me again!! :) just wanted to let you know i FINALLY figured out how to add peoples buttons to my side bar and i added yours :) hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Great, great moments. Girl, when I read your "Indiana" posts, I miss it and all the fun there. We have a different kind of fun, Praise the Lord, in England. It's just that home is the sweetest place.
Great memories, great post. I'll do my best to post one myself. I haven't done it for a few weeks. It's probably my favorite carnival to participate in.
Okay, my post is done. Come on over and check it out. Thanks and blessings.
Hey! Wow on all the activities. We love the zoo. Probably will be lots of pics from that. James' picture is very handsome. You better get that boy into modeling.
What a fun group shot at the zoo.
I love trips with all of my kids. Looks like you had a good time.
My YGMTM is here: http://3schools.blogspot.com/2009/06/ygmtm-3-jim-bob.html
Great pics! I'm thinking you went to the very same children's zoo we went to last year??? We usually go to Toledo but when to Ft. Wayne with friends instead. I think this year we're going Cin. ;o)
LORI
Post a Comment