Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grandma’s Special Song

IMG_8131

One of the highlights of Grandma’s Party Last Night, was the surprise entertainment from locally acclaimed recording artists Psalm 100!  :)

IMG_8149

They topped of the evening with beautiful worship music & many laughs!  They ended the night with a failed attempt at Grandma’s favorite song from the church hymnal, a original creation written just for grandma…

Have you heard the great news?

We’ve got something to share

So grab a light snack

And pull up a chair

You might be surprised

You might say “no way”

But the second of June…

Is Vi Rin*ger’s birthday

Happy happy birthday

She’s turning one hundred

No more and no less

Exactly one hundred

So eat some ice cream

Don’t spill on the rug

Thank God for Vi Ring*er…

Oh give her a hug!!!

Check out her reaction…

IMG_8130 IMG_8117 IMG_8103

Don’t you just want to give her a hug!!

IMG_8145

Pam

9 comments:

Paula V said...

I think I said yesterday's post almost brought me to tears. Or maybe I said it did. At any rate, this one for sure watered my eyes.

Her expression is priceless, Pam. Absolutely priceless. I cannot imagine being honored like that at 100. I can tell she is very humble but very grateful for being loved SOOO much.

Thanks, sweets.
Paula

April said...

She is the sweetest grandma I've ever seen! Wow...100 years old! PHENOMENAL!

Lizzie said...

that is just too sweet :)

Amy said...

WOW!!
SHe does NOT look 100. That is amazing!! Good genes to have that's for sure!
Happy Birthday Grandma!!

kikabaer said...

Pam,
Fun reading about your amazing grandma-wow! to be 100 and be living in your own home, making quilts-loving life!

Just wanted to let you know i prayed for you today from Psalm 107:4-7
kim

kikabaer said...

Love the songs you have on your blog-wow!our Father is so good! i heard a teaching on Ps 68:6
God makes a home for the lonely;
He leads the prisoners into prosperity.

The word prosperity is a term about minstrels/singing-A large part of freedom comes through singing/music....i believe it!
kim

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

It's hard to believe she made it! Happy birthday Aunt VI! Frieda is trying to keep up too!

He & Me + 3 said...

she is precious. So full of life. Wow. I hope I look that good at 70:) Love all her expressions. What a doll! Happy Birthday to Grandma!

Carol said...

It has been a blessing and a privilege to be privy to your grandma's birthday celebrations.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.