As I got to type this 40th edition, (40 weeks! have you joined me yet!!!) I hear Jadon fighting with Leah upstairs… I have a zillion things to do to get ready for vacation, and the neighbor's just called to invite us swimming… I’d rather be swimming and talking to friends while we watch our children play than packing… or listening to kids argue while packing… uhg…
Maybe we will swim for a while later today…
We are packing for our family’s annual trip to the lake. We will travel to northern Indiana, not even 2 hours away, and spend the week together here…
There are three separate units, the lower one will be my sister Sally & her families cottage this year. There is The upper cottage where my family, my parents, & Lana’s family will stay, and the basement cottage of the big house where my sister Allison and her family will stay!
They will all be there…
With the addition of her…
And he won’t have to sleep in the laundry room by himself anymore… (Ben, not Jadon)
There will be a lot of this…
this…
this…
as much of this as Grandpa can do…
this…
this…
Some of this…
this will happen, but I will be asleep…
and of course lot and lots of this…
It’s hard to imagine the day will come when we won’t do this anymore. I don’t know if I have ever really thought about it. One day, of course, there will be way too many of us to stay together in one place and we may have to continue these traditions with me as the grandparent and my kids with their families. Weird thought.
Because, many years ago we used to go to the lake with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins…one day we will all really miss this.
Please join me in this carnival. If you are new you can read the YOUR GONNA MISS THIS guidelines here. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:
AWESOME post? Hoping you all have great weather, food, fellowship and fun. Oh and let me send one of my favorite Bible verses with you--it may come in handy when working with all those children (and adults: And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord: Numbers 11:1.
So go relax--have a ton of fun and make some good memories!! julie:)
Great pics. How wonderful. When I viewed the pic of all the kids...I can't even imagine how that would be. I never had that many cousins/kids at any function. I would have loved that. More kids to play, more variety in ages so everyone has someone.
Here's a jugdmental comment that I'm going to admit to you, my sweet Pam, Pamie, Pams. I was thinking "I can't believe she is taking her kids out of school." I was thinking of a polite way to phrase it such as: is it fall break? I then had to literally think of what month it is. DUH. That's a BIG D--U--H! It's summer for crying out loud.
I'm envious of your great big family...of having sisters: instant best friends for life.
Have a grand time.
GREAT post here Pam! Never say never though. We use to do the same type of thing with Carey's Grandparents at the river each year. That went away as they are very feeble now. There were 3 years that went by that we didnt have it. This year we are starting it up again with Carey's parents and our kids will be the ones having all the fun! Of course we will have fun with them, and we can hardly wait!
My post will be up tomorrow!
Love and Prayers,
Tim
P.S. I will NOT forget to link you up! ;)
Can't wait to see you, Joey and I are going to camp at pokagon Tues and Weds night and hope to come by boat to spend some days with you.
Have fun packing,
Holly
Aren't you so fortunate to have had such a family growing up and now carrying it on with your own family. Not all of us are so lucky to have family close for such gatherings. Have a great time and I hope there is a lot of sunshine.
Looks like a perfect way to spend your time... with family doing all kinds of great summer stuff. Have a blast and I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful pictures. I don't envy the packing thing. We just got done doing that and it will not be long before we do it again.
We'll be home from July 30th through August 12th. Shawn will be leaving on the 3rd, though, for work. We can always stop by your place during the day if you like and have a cup of coffee or something. Let me know if we can get together. If you're too busy, I understand.
Blessings on your trip.
THat is Awesome! Can't wait to see pics from this year! What great memories for the family! It looks like a blast! Hopefully you will all get to be together for a LONG time in the house! Great moment! {I've been so behind this week...but had to make sure I posted for this carnival! I didn't even get mine up before you! ha ha!}
Wow, that looks like a great time.
Wish our family got along enough to do that. We are all at the same lake every summer but a few of us just can't get along...long story that I cannot share on my blog.
Pam,
I loved this moment. What fun! Have a blast on your vacation. What a nice time to have so many family members in one place. YOu are blessed!
Be safe!
What a fun moment and fun annual tradition. That looks like a great place to stay and have fun! While living in MI, we used to go up to my aunt's lake house with all of the cousins every year and it was so much fun! but since I moved away, we don't go anymore and I really DO miss it! Great pics and I hope you have an amazing time!
hey its me! leaving a comment on my own post! got the cell phone to let me get online! we r having a great time so far! 10 pm and trying to get J & K to go to sleep! kind of noisy outside our room, but they are so tired! talk to you all soon!
I love family traditions! This looks like a great one. Looks like a great place to relax, hang out and have fun. I'm sure you have made many memories to last a life time!
Post a Comment