Well, we were at the zoo today. It was HOT. It wasn’t crowded though. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was HOT! We were there a total of 5 minutes before my camera battery went dead…
I got two pictures…count ‘em. 2. I actually took 4, but two were bad. Yes, worse than this one. (Jadon and Lucas)
Benjamin and Jadon enthralled with he money in the water. (and the bowl and jar too)
At least it wasn’t crowded! Last year we went on Zoo Member Appreciation Day. HOT with 18 kids to keep track of! Not the best of times! Today went pretty good though.
Afterwards, we went to return some shoes I bought last week at the mall. Leah asked if we could see a movie. We have been wanting to see the new American Girl Movie, Kit Kittredge. So we did!
This is a really good movie! Rated G, for one, which is such a rare find. The setting and character were like the books, but the plot was not based off of much that was in the original books about Kit. It normally bugs me when movies do that. This was so well done that I didn’t even care! I recommend this movie, especially as we tighten our belts a little with the high gas prices and the rise of food and other things that are coming with it. (did you see the price of cheese?) This is set in the depression and the reality of the day is very well portrayed. I heard another mom say that it made her feel kind of bad to spend so much money to see the movie and then see how they were living back then and were in such need. I agree with her, and will see it at the dollar theatre next time!
We have had some run-ins with bodily fluids. As my babies turn 4 and 5 this fall… I wonder… when will it end? Will this truly be something I will miss? Somehow I have my doubts.
Last night Kiahna was laughing so hard in bed, she began choking and threw up all over the bed. For a moment I hoped feared we would have to stay home from the zoo. No, she was fine and still giggling as I hosed off the sheets outside in the dark, with the mosquitoes.
On the way to the zoo. Driving through a bad part of town, they both had to pee. Jadon so bad that I fished a Pepsi bottle from the trash and let him pee in it. (this is the second time I have let him do this and I think that he thinks it is fun!) I was at a stop light and was holding the bottle for him. Of course the light turned green and I ended up with pee on my hands and on him.
Kiahna could wait until we got there, but was dancing and begging to go in the parking lot. After a short debate over what to do, run to the zoo where the restrooms are inside after you pay, let her pee her pants, or let her squat behind a tree. Squat behind a tree won.
In the movie theatre I took Jadon to the restroom and he peed on his clothes. Shirt and shorts.
On the way home he fell asleep and peed in his car seat.
He really has been doing much better than this! AHHH!! He’s almost 5. I won’t miss this. I know I won't. It's funny. Now. But, I won't miss it.
Still working on Kiahna's yarn braids. Not doing new parts this time. Taking out one at a time and rebraiding it. I am out of yarn now, so after another trip to Walmart, hopefully we can declare it done again soon!
Trying not to stress over James friends he has coming over this weekend. I really don't want to be any more of an embarrassment to him than we already obviously have the full potential to be unless none of us are here, which we will be. It would be nice to have a house that doesn't look like hillybillys children live here.
Don't you sometimes wish you could live in a house that stayed clean for more than 2.4 seconds. Or that was all clean at once? Like the old days when I wasn't a single mom of 6 children and could actually do things like that? It did happen every once in awhile. Now, it feels like it will never happen again. I do much better when I accept that and go on. But, when faced with company... CHAOS becomes the name of the game. FLY LADY calls CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) because your house is such a disaster. I've climbed back on the Fly Lady wagon, but I don't know that I will ever accomplish getting out of CHAOS. Oh well. Praying that I can work hard and then let it go after that. (without yelling and becoming out of control!) GRACE!!!!
Pam
3 comments:
Oh, the zoo with lots of kids, been there, done that. It usually does go better than what you think it will, so glad you were able to enjoy the day, even though it was hot. The bodily fluids on the other hand, well, yeah, you're not going to miss that at all. And then the CHAOS, oh yes, I'm totally with you there. And since I only have 3 kids, that means my house has to be twice as bad as yours. Don't give up, there are others out here just like you.
I adore the zoo. I really miss going, since we're in a smaller city now. Of course, I can identify and sympathize with bodily fluid adventures. I sort of hoped that they'd outgrow it by four or five, but I suspected that accidents would still happen!
Wow, Pam...I have alot of reading to catch up on here! You've been busy.
LOVE the stories of Jadon & Kiahna. Hilarious. I know I shouldn't laugh...it will be me WAY too soon!
Post a Comment