Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Glass Half full kinda person…

I have always felt like I am a glass 1/2 full kind of person.  Looking for the good in people.  Trusting people.  Believing for the best.  Hoping for the miracles.  Never giving up. 

Lately I have been feeling more like that is getting lost.  Like I can’t see that glass as 1/2 full anymore…

Dreading the worst.

Bracing myself for the next trauma.

Fearful.

Negative.

I hate this.  I never, ever wanted to be like this.  I never wanted to be struggling to find a positive thing cling to.  Never wanted my feelings to rule my day.  Never wanted my circumstances to decide what kind of day I am going to have.  Or how I am going to feel.

Strange thing.

I feel like this blog can be a real depressing place for you all to visit.  I wonder why anyone would come over and read this?  Maybe it is because you feel the same way I do?   You find yourself feeling things you never wanted to feel?  Or dealing with circumstances you never dreamed you would deal with, and you come over here to read because you can relate.

Or you care.  And you pray.  And you hate seeing our long going process drag on and on, and you come over to speak a kind word, say a silent prayer, or you love on us in a physical way by being God’s hands of help to our family.

We are so blessed.  So very, very blessed.  I know that.  I really, really do.  I just don’t always “feel” it.  Does that make any sense?

I’d like to take the time to mention once again some of the wonderful blessings I have, you know, just to help my perspective…

* Our financial needs are met every month by our amazing church family.

* We have physical support daily from my parents and sisters.

* Our church family continually remembers us in prayer & physical support.

* I have wonderful friends who listen to me and pray for & with me.

* God has provided amazing counselors throughout this whole season.

* My children are healthy.

* My children are smart & (searching for another positive word here, coming up empty) uhhhh…. cute. (there we go cute is true.)

* I am healthy. 

* I am so blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom  (see the first point) be there for my kids activities, be a room helper, drive my kids to their preschools,

* I have time to write.

Thanks for enduring with me, I really needed to remember that today. 

“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”

2 Corinthians 4:7-9

9 comments:

April said...

Pam~
Always know that we're here for you and that we care!

Pam D said...

Pam, I've been awol lately due to busyness here, so I just went back and read your last several posts. Depressing? I think not. Go back and read them yourself... who IS that woman with all of the wonderful family and experiences? Why.. umm... look in the mirror, dear friend! I know that you whitewash things... that you leave out the negative and emphasize the positive, because we all do. But still, we come here because YOU bless us. You do... so take it easy and be gentle with yourself. I have a feeling that you are a caring, forgiving friend who looks for the best in those around her. So, do the same for yourself. OK? And I'll be praying that you can see yourself through God's eyes, and know that you are beautiful.. and strong in Him... and doing an awesome job!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Can't say that I know how you feel, so that's not why I visit.

1. You're my friend and your life circumstances won't ever change that!
2. I pray for you!
3. I have to keep up with you somehow!

Still praying for that "fearless" heart! It's still in there!

Carrie said...

I visit because through all your hard times...you always lift up your blessings and the things that you are grateful for! You remind us to do the same and provide beautiful scripture for us! Thanks so much....even with the glass 1/2 empty... and I love seeing your smart & cute kids' smiling faces :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I visit because I love your blog....It is in my top 5 blogs for the beauty of the blog....I absolutley love the colors....
But I also feel the same feelings you are expressing often....I think I need to write my blessings down tonight.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just posted my last Disney post...Hope it will bring you a smile. I also have a new blog design.....

Linda said...

I enjoy what you write - and do remember your family in my prayers.

Stick to the gratitude, friend...

That and Jer 29:11


much love to you....

Jennifer said...

Sorry I haven't visited in awhile! I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down lately. I will be sure to pray for you. Keep your head up and you are still one of the strongest people I've ever "met" so I know you will come back up on that positive side of the hill soon.

Praying for you and your family,
Jennifer

Jessica said...

Pam,

I want you to know that I visit your blog because I see you as an amazing christian woman and role model for me. Throughout all that you have been through - I am constantly seeing you lean on God and seeking out his word! THAT is such an awesome example for me! Sometimes I think it is easier to mope and whine than to be strong and seek wisdom in God's word to support and comfort me. You have taught (and are teaching me still) to lean on Him continually. In addition, I do pray for you and your precious family.

Lastly, I love hearing about your children! It looks like you have a busy life over there and I am so glad you take time to blog about it! Keep 'em coming! ;)

Jessica Fiechter (Nick)

RWilson05 said...

No matter how bad we feel, it is comforting to know that we serve a God who became flesh, and was forsaken, broken, beaten, and crucified!! Everything we must encounter and endure daily, is trivial compared to that... Our SAVIOUR DIED FOR US!! What you are doing, being a Godly Mommy, raising your children for the Lord, no matter how unthankful, and unrelenting it is, especially with what you're going through, God SEES!! GOD IS WITH YOU!! I read Luke 24 last night! AMAZING!! The angels, were WITH JESUS and HIS DISCIPLES when he taught them! They reminded the women at the tomb of HIS words!! Then Jesus blinded the eyes of the two men on the 7 mile journey from seeing HIM, as HE walked ALONGSIDE them the entire 7 miles, TEACHING THEM!! Then as he broke bread with them, there eyes opened to see HIM, JESUS CHRIST!! I've read that a million times, but never has it comforted me like last night!! JESUS is REAL! HE is WITH US EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!! WE ARE NEVER ALONE!! ANGELS ARE REAL!! In the physical realm, can we see them? No! But Luke confirms their presence among us.... they too are with us... How comforting is that?? I will lift you in prayer today, for strength in the midst of your trials and pain!!

BTW you're blog is not depressing! It's encouraging to see another Godly, SAHM, PRAISING JESUS in the midst of her circumstances, pain, trials, and depression! That's what God wants!! After all, didn't even the Psalmist David go through the same things? One minute he was PRAISING THE LORD, the next, QUESTIONING, Desperate and Depressed!! And Paul!!! He is a beautiful example of one who FINISHED THE RACE WELL!! How did he finish it? ALONE! DESERTED! Everyone deserted him, aside from Luke, everyone turned on him, he was crying out to the Lord, BUT HE FINISHED WELL and heard those words, WELL DONE BY GOOD AND FAITHFUL CHILD!!

Stay in the Word, Jesus will be with you!!