Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Man In the Middle

I have a burden on my heart. 

It’s my handsome, smart, clever, 2nd son.

I’ve mentioned he’s struggling.

Last night, watching his first basketball game.

It became quite obvious he’s struggling.

He’s angry.

He’s bitter.

He needs help.

Do I have any choice but to sit back and let him go off? 

His own words on Facebook last night cried out that he knows he’s angry.

Please pray for us to find the help he needs to work through all of this.

He is not the communicator that his brother is.

He has not opened up to Grandpa like his brother has.

He has not dealt with this like his brother.

He’s 15.  15 is hard enough.

Please pray for him.

zach photos 2009 002 002 copy

Pam

9 comments:

Mom24 said...

I'll pray for all of you. I'm so, so sorry. It's truly hard to parent, isn't it? Hard to grow up too. I hope he can find someone, something to help him with his feelings.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I will be praying for him and your family to work through this! He is a beautiful boy and I don't know what he is facing but I know he has a great family and this to shall pass!!!

Unknown said...

He is so handsome and has the kindest looking eyes. Praying for his spirit to calm.

Sandy said...

Oh, Pam, I just know you through your blog, but. . .I have a 16 year old son, 23 year old son, 19 year old daughter, . . .
students who are angry. . .
my heart just goes out to your son and to you.
I know I have not gone through the seperation that your family has. I can not understand, but I am praying for all of you!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your children are all just beautiful. Zach is no different. He is a handsome boy! I will be praying for him. I can only imagine his pain and his anger. I know the life changes have not been easy...for any of you.

Paula V said...

Such a good looking boy. You would never know the pain in his heart from this. With a strong brother and strong grandpa, surely the seeds will eventually make their way to take root. Hey, at least he admits his anger and acknowledges its existence. That's the first start.

Sheryl said...

love that boy! understand his anger. understand what it's like to be a mom with an angry son.

praying for you all!!

Carol said...

What a handsome young man! I think it's good that he recognizes it and admits it. I'm praying for him. Thanks for sharing your heart, Pam.

sarah.flyingkites said...

My heart goes out to him...Wow.

Thanks for sharing.