Leah and I went last night and got haircuts!! It is always so nice to have a fresh cut! We both woke up frustrated that it didn’t look this way today! OH WELL!
If it looks like I have a headache, I do. It’s a little better now, but I took something for it at 5:30 this morning when I got up to take Zach to basketball practice.
I tried to relax yesterday, I got a massage! Went to the chiropractor, had dinner in the crock pot & then we went for these hair cuts.
The lady giving me my massage asked if I was stressed out… interesting question… compared to the past 3 years, this year has been a breeze… so am I stressed out? I am crazy busy!! Not stressed out.
I think I shared last week that I was taking Jadon to a specialist. It was a urologist. He continually is damp when he comes home from school.
The specialist is thinking that it is not a physical problem, at least that is where we are starting, none of his tests show any issues with his kidneys or his bladder.
So, trying to change up some habits. Helping him to take the time to go to the restroom & empty his bladder. Helping him with some diet restrictions, like no pop, caffeine, chocolate, citrus. Giving him stickers for staying on the toilet for 2 minutes so many times a day.
BLAH!
Add to that a water bottle at school so he can drink more water during the day & less in the evenings.
The past 2 days. At least 3 times damp in his pants. Changing his clothes at school. When he comes home. Scrounging around for something clean to wear when you go through 3 pairs of pants a day!!
It’s just a little frustrating.
Yesterday he really made some poor choices. Took some money from Zach’s wallet. Bought chocolate (which his is not supposed to have) on the bus from a friend of Leah’s (the MS is having a fund raiser), lied to me when he got home.
And this my friend’s is kindergarten??? Trying not to be concerned.
Please keep this little guy in your prayers.
Kiahna and I are going over to play at one of my best friends from school’s house this morning! She has a daughter Kiahna’s age. Hoping it goes well!
Pam
8 comments:
Ugh. Hope your headache's better soon--now, actually.
I'm sorry about the stuff that's going on with Jadon. Frustrating, I'm sure. Jacob from time to time has gone through periods of time where he's slightly damp. Drives me crazy. With him, it's laziness, not paying attention, distractedness, etc. It just doesn't bother him very much. It's not to the degree that he would have to change his clothes though. Hope you can get it stopped.
I guess my best advice--not that you're necessarily asking for any, is to make the consequences of the bad choices (the money and the lies) clear and unpleasant enough that he would not want to go there again.
Good luck.
So sorry about all the frustrations with Jadon at the moment. I am praying for him.
Happy for you that this year is not stressed, but busy. Nice difference for you, I'm sure.
Loved the hair cuts. i will be in prayer for jadon. have fun at your play date. Sounds fun.
I know what you mean about headaches. I get migraines more often than I'd like.
I love a fresh hair cut too. I love the blunt ends after I leave.
I've been reading but haven't commented in ages! Love the haircuts! I'll pray for Jadon.
I'm interested in the dietary restrictions. How do caffeine, chocolate, and citrus affect things? We have some similar issues here and, I'd love to get a break from doing "ammonia laundry" all day!! ;)
Don't you hate that about the haircuts. They never look as great the next day!
My Kaish was a terror in school really until this year. I was so stressed. And now, suddenly, knock on wood, 4th grade is bliss!
Thank you Jesus! I hope your son will get better soon!
Our son Joe is in kindergarten and still wets his pants at least twice a week-he said once it was too "inconvenient" to come in from playing. And he has never, ever been dry all night (still wears pull ups). Once upon a time I might have thought it was a parent's fault if their child still wasn't dry-but this is our fourth child out of five, and none of the other four has had a similar problem. It's very frustrating, I agree.
Have you tried eliminating other foods from his diet. The one that immediately jumps to mind -unfortunately one of the hardest to eliminate- is wheat. Wheat can case all sorts of havoc (physically AND emotionally) on a body that shouldn't be ingesting it.
(It can also cause migraines.)
Post a Comment