Saturday, October 31, 2009

YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment… Week 57

YGMT...moment 2

Last night James played his last high school football game.

It was a tough game in the wind & driving rain (at least it was around 60 degrees).  Inches of water covered the field.  The small visitors stands were packed with AC fans, hoping for a repeat of last week.

I didn’t happen.

So, the season is over.

Somehow, it is not quite as hard as it would have been without last weeks amazing victory.  That game was so amazing.  And I am so glad I was there, and they could experience Victory like that.  We all need victory every once in awhile.  And it would have been so sweet to get to the sectional finals.

James seems to be handling things very well.  It was hard for a few minutes but he’s ready to move on to swimming & weight training (says James)

As parents many of us spent countless hours last week feeding, meeting, preparing, planning, & supporting our team.  There is a large part of me that finds relief in not having to do that again this week… even though  I would have and it would have been great to win.  It took a lot from my family and my younger kids spent too many evenings at home without me.  It takes it’s toll.

In my heart I will miss seeing #81 on that field every week.  I am so blessed to have been able to be there for every part of it.   And I have no regrets.  That’s all we can do.  Life moves on.  So once again… I embrace the quote of Dr. Suess…

“Don’t cry because it’s over, Laugh because it happened.”

I’ll leave you with this video of the pep session Thursday night that Leah took… I am the one in the skinny jeans, vest & beanie… yes, we dressed in our son’s clothes… sorry for the quality of video.

 

James looks much better in them than I do…

James Senior 2010 038 002 

What about you?  What’s going on in your world that you need to take a minute and write about?  What would you like to share?  Here is your chance.  Link it up here & get this button in my sidebar…

 

7 comments:

Speaking from the Heart said...

Again, You are an awesome mom. You put your children first.

He & Me + 3 said...

James will be forever grateful for you being there for all his games and being such an involved mother...as will all your children. You are an awesome mom! Cute video. Loved reading all your updated profiles for the kids. Great pictures too!
Hugs,
Mimi

McCrakensx4 said...

What great memories..I am sure I am gonna be a mess when the boys get that old and come off the field for the last time. Our last game is next Friday.

Carrie said...

So glad you could experience those moments with James...victory and defeat! He will always remember that! And the little ones too! What a fun video! You moms are awesome! Too funny ;)

Have a great weekend! At least the rain is gone for trick-or-treating tonight...it sure has been a wet season!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Im sure that your kiddos all appreciate you being at their games, parties and everything else...what else would we be doing? Love the photo of him !!! Great photo!!!

jules said...

I know what you mean. I do miss my son's football games. It is hard (but fun) to watch them grow up.

Carol said...

Pam,

You are such a devoted, committed, loving mom. James will always remember you being there for him. You are amazing. I know you're gonna miss all of this with him and thank you for sharing your heart.

I really enjoyed the video~ it was fun. What a neat idea to have the moms dress up like their boys.

Blessings,
Carol