Friday, October 2, 2009

YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment… Week 53

YGMT...moment 2 Time to announce the winner of last week’s year anniversary contest for playing along with YOUR Gonna Miss This Carnival!!

The scientific approach to choosing a winner…

Me:  Lucas, pick a number between one and eight.

Lucas:  10

Lucas: I mean, why?

Lucas: ummmmmmm…. seven.

Lucas:  why?

Me: You just picked the winner for my blog contest.

Lucas:  What do I get?

LOL!!

#7 is Carrie @ Martin Manor Happenings!!  Congratulations!!  Carrie is a faithful blog friend, who has played along with me about every week I can remember!  I am thrilled that she is the winner!  Let me know where you would like a gift certificate to and I will get one on it’s way to you!

************************************

So, after a year of writing these moments, I find myself with a question or two… do I keep counting the weeks?  like 53, 54, 55??  Is that what I do?  Or do I just go to calling it a generic “YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moment”?  Any thoughts?

I also find that it is one of those weeks when I wonder what I have to miss?  I miss not freezing at football games!  I miss not having grumpy kids…

How about missing having 2, 5 year olds… for the past month Jadon and Kiahna have both been 5 years old… On Monday Jadon will turn 6! 

Somehow I need to pull together a birthday celebration of some sort.  I have nothing ready!  Oops!  Been too busy trying to figure out how to run a photography business to do much of anything but the necessary!

I need to work on that.  I need to get balance back in my life.  I need to let God lead rather than trying to run ahead & figure it all out… I know that… doing that is a different story.

Even though the week has been long, and mom is stressed out… my children are precious & I will miss these days… fleeing by so quickly…

So, GO AC FOOTBALL!  Happy Birthday Jadon!  Take a deep breath self.  Headed to the Extraordinary Women Conference tomorrow for the day with ladies… looking forward to that!

Now, your chance to share… what will YOU miss?

9 comments:

Cheryl B, said...

I stopped by your blog to verify that you were still hosting your Wed. "theme day".

In case you aren't sure why I would do that, please first go here: http://thehousethatlovebuilt.xanga.com/712911712/today--/

and then read this one:
http://thehousethatlovebuilt.xanga.com/712911311/sept-theme-days/

I see that you still are, and I encourage you to keep going! Why? It's proven to be a great way for you to have to document your life. And that was the whole purpose behind it, right?
For a 'quick' B-day idea - be spontanious. Do something you all enjoy doing, but seldom do - whether that be letting him pick the meal or a resteraunt, playing board games as a family, instead of cake bake brownies and then let everybody build their own ice cream sundae on top ....

Cheryl B.

Cheryl B. said...

oops, when I copied it from my draft file, I forgot to change the word Wed. to Fri. 8-/
Sorry!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats to Carrie! She is so sweet, i love her blog. Yes, as busy & crazy as it all gets..they are still precious and we will miss the moments of their childhood. They grow up so fast.

Carrie said...

Yay! THanks so much Pam! I'm so blessed to have found you and be able to participate in these special memories :) And my birthday is on Monday too, the 5th!
Thanks to Lucas for picking me :)

I know you will have an awesome time at the conference...some much needed time to reflect and refresh :)

As far as a gift card...I'm always at Target or Old Navy or Starbucks or...surprise me...I'm terrible with decisions! I will email you my info! And thanks so so much!

Enjoy your weekend!

B said...

You mean I didn't win? Aww shucks.

Congrats Carrie, you deserve it with your weekly faithfulness AND awesome posts.

B said...

You mean I didn't win? Aww shucks.

Congrats Carrie, you deserve it with your weekly faithfulness AND awesome posts.

McCrakensx4 said...

Congrats to Carrie! And I hope you get a minute to breeze thru your busy week!! Happy Birthday to Jadon and have fun at your conference! I hope you continue to do your Your Gonna Miss This Moment..I know I don't do it every week, but I love to think about all the little things I am gonna miss one day! Take care and have a great rest of your weekend!

A Lady Called Amy said...

Sleep well!

A Lady Called Amy said...

oops... maybe i should go to sleep, i was replying to your blog from yesterday again... you closed it with "time for bed." so, anyway, so many moments to miss means so many moments we enjoy right now! yay for those!
:-)