Friday, October 16, 2009

Lots of BIG stuff!

The coming days are bringing LOTS of BIG activities around here!!  Busy, Fun, & New.

This afternoon is Grandparent/VIP day at the elementary school.  Jadon’s first.  Lucas’ last.

Grandma & Grandpa, Kiahna and I, will be there!

Zach wanted to know if the high school gets out of class for grandparents day.  Sorry.  But, I did offer for G & G & K & I to come in and eat lunch with him.  He said he’d pass.

Zach had his last freshmen football game last night.  It was a really tough season.  Not one win.  Uhg.

Tonight at 6:15 the senior parents have to start lining up on the football field for “senior night”.  A first for James & I. 

I won’t cry, I won’t cry, I won’t cry… I’m gonna cry.

James’ dad has other commitments and can’t be there.  He did send James a nice card yesterday.  (no comment)

Tonight is our last regular season game.  Next week is sectional.  We drew a team that is 7-1, and rated 6th in the state.  And we play there.  A worse draw there could not have been.  Praying for a miracle.

The weather forecast for today.  40’s today with drizzle.  Low of 31 tonight.  Chance of snow.

Tomorrow morning, Lucas has a soccer game.

Tomorrow afternoon Zach will have finished his classes for drivers ed.

Tomorrow evening there is a benefit for 2 boys at our school who are experiencing severe medical needs.  One is undergoing chemo, and the other is radiation for a non-cancerous tumor in his brain.  The school has been raising money all week, and tomorrow evening there will be an auction, pizza dinner, T-shirts, & free will offering to help offset their medical expenses.

Also, tomorrow evening is the House of Hope Banquet.  The one that will benefit the soon-to-open boys home in our town.  The same organization that our family has attended out-patient counseling through in the past year and a half. 

Leah & Lucas made some pottery that will be auctioned in a silent auction.  Leah will be singing “The Potters Hand” with 2 other girls.  My photos are going to be used in the slide show that was created to display during the meal. 

I have also been asked to take photos of the evening to submit to the local newspaper. 

This will be my first big advertising of my photography, also.  A photo shoot with me is going to be included in one of the auction packages!  & I have had business cards designed & ordered (hope they get here in time)

pambizcardpowerpoint

On Sunday it is my hope that the sun is going to come out and warm things up again around here for awhile!  And I am really hoping that I can get my own 6 kids out to the park for a photo-shoot!!  I have all these great pictures of everyone else's kids that I love, and I am lacking in some of my own!!  Another miracle needed!!!

Speaking of photos of other people’s kids… I am so excited about some of the photos I have been working with.  My niece Samantha is one gorgeous girl.  I’ve done a few of hers and they will be on my photo blog today.

Sam 173 003 copy

I think these two cousins look pretty good together…

James 239 004 copy

A few have asked me what program I am using for my editing.  I am using Photoshop CS4.  My friend Jodi, & fellow photographer, designed my logo & my business card.  Isn’t she amazing!!  

I will try to find a moment to post my, um, well “moment” tonight or tomorrow morning!  I’ll probably use a few pictures from a few events that have not yet happened!!

Pam

5 comments:

B said...

Awesome Pam, awesome pics, awesome everything. But man how do you do it all...God is good and so is coffee i guess right?

Paula V said...

What photos will be on the slide show? People photos or just nature/background photos?

Congrats on all the goodness.

Bethany said...

Wow it sounds like you have a lot going on! I love your busy household- enjoy Grandparents' Day!

Thena said...

Make me tired just reading about how busy you are. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Good luck tonight at the game. That is awesome about taking pictures for the paper. Good for you. I hope your business keeps going well. Love the business cards. Great idea to auction off pictures with you. Where are you taking your pictures. Love the scenery and buildings you are using. Great stuff.