Welcome to another week of capturing moments that one day we know we will miss! Have you played along? MckMama unknowingly did this week! I invited her to come over and link up! We will see! How this carnival would grow if she promoted this & joined in!
I was reminded when I read MckMama’s “I’m Gonna Miss This” post, just why I began this carnival. And I realized that lately I’ve lost focus of that meaning.
It’s not so much about having something profoundly entertaining or insightful to share. It is about taking the time each week to pause. Focus. And realize that while life seems to be going at the speed of light, if we are not intentional we will be there in body but miss it.
So… what do I have this week to share? I spent almost 2 hours talking yesterday to my counselor friend. Our time was over and we hadn’t even prayed like we usually do. Each one of my kids (some more than others) has a list of concerns currently. Each one is enough load in itself, added together. Overwhelming. I need to pray. I need to stay focused on WHERE my help comes from. I DO NOT possess the strength, mental energy, wisdom to deal with any of this. I need God’s help so badly. I am so glad He gives it.
Another thing that MckMama has began doing is “stream of consciousness” posts… I find that amusing, as I realize I do those quite often! Just pouring it all out as the thoughts come rather than spending lots of time trying to “say the right thing”
I hope you join me this week… spend some time thinking about what you have going on that you need to pause and treasure for a moment… you will be glad you did.
This week… I watched James win a really, really close race… a race that was against Ben, an old friend of his, who used to go to our school, and who is an amazing swimmer. James began his leg of the 400 yard (the last leg) with almost a whole length of the pool lead. The last swimmer for their team was Ben. I knew James was going to need all the lead he could get. Ben is way amazing.
Here is my photo finish… James is in the back lane and Ben is in the front lane…
My heart was racing and my throat was sore from yelling! It was so awesome that he held Ben off & won! It was really looking like it wasn’t going to happen. James said he was saving some energy for that last length, and it turned out to be enough!
Yeah!!!
Leah turned 13 last Sunday! We went out to eat with my parents & Tried to get some pictures with my old camera…
The “good side” of the table…
The “other side” of the table…
It’s so easy to spend my time hyper-focused on their behavior rather than just enjoying it. Can’t say that I’ve done a real good job at that lately. Something I am going to try to relax about.
Needing to refocus.
Needing to pause.
Needing to treasure this time.
Won’t you join me? Add this code to your post for a quick link back to my blog!
7 comments:
ahhhhh...you are a good momma. you should know that!
Way to go James! Such an exciting moment! And Happy Birthday to Leah...birthdays are so special, and WOW 13! She's such a pretty girl :) Glad you could spend it with the whole family!
That looks soo fun!!! ;)
Birthdays are always such special times for our family, too. I hope they never cease to be.
Happy Friday!
Kat
Great Job James...way to go! And Happy Birthday to Leah...WOW...13...I have one turning 10 in 2 months and I am starting to freak out a little! You are such a great mom!
Hi! I just wandered over here from Mimi's blog, and am so glad I did. just reading your little autobio section on the right bar...I'm so very glad I did. I only have 3 kids, but have been divorced 7 yrs now...and well...I can just tell that I'm going to enjoy reading through your blog entries. Besides...any friend of Mimi's has got to be a pretty awesome lady!
Looking forward to getting to know you better!
~Robin
Wow, great job James and Happy Birthday to Leah- wow, another teen, huh?? Fun years!!! ;)
Post a Comment