Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pretty as a Picture… Miss Leah

I have decided that I will not be paying anyone this year to take my kids pictures (unless they turn out really awful!) I even have this hope of being able to pull off taking James senior pictures!  Makes me nervous!!  Yesterday, I took Leah’s pictures… it was a cloudy day outside, perfect for picture taking!  Now I have to decide which one to put on my wall for the next year!!  AAHH!  Help me choose!

My little photography “business” could use a name too… I’d love some ideas!

#1

Leah School Pictures 2009 001

#2

Leah School Pictures 2009 015

#3

Leah School Pictures 2009 023

#4

Leah School Pictures 2009 025

#5

Leah School Pictures 2009 028

#6

Leah School Pictures 2009 037-1

#7

Leah School Pictures 2009 008-1

#8

Leah School Pictures 2009 005-1

My beautiful girl!!  What a blessing she is!!

She is working hard, learning all the cheers and chants for cheerleading this year!  The more she catches on the more she likes it.  I am glad she is liking it! 

Leah brought home her uniform this week.  Kiahna LOVES it!  Kiahna adored cheerleading & cheerleaders BEFORE her big sister was one, NOW she is just in LOVE with that uniform…

So, I am looking online for REAL cheerleading outfits for 5 year old girlies!  What better gift for her birthday this year, which also happens to fall on the SAME day as Leah’s first game!  August 29! 

Can’t wait to get a picture of my TWO girlies in their uniforms!  And a video or two!  It IS SO cute to see Kiahna cheer!

My heart is full!

Pam

24 comments:

Pam D said...

Pam, those are AWESOME! I love them all... it would be so hard to choose! I do love the first one with the dog, and the compostion on #2 is dead on. But all of them are worthy of being framed; you're right, you don't need to pay anyone for pictures!

Jessica said...

Pam, Leah is just beautiful! Nice job with her pictures. I like #1 and #3 best! Cheerleading is so fun - but make sure she takes care of her body! I was a cheerleader for 6 years and I really pay for it sometimes now! Glad to see your heart full, children can do that for us, I'm learning!

Jessica (N)

The Lehman's said...

Yea Pam we like #2,3 and 4. We are brainstorming on names for your picture business. We like Pam's Perfect Pics, SnapShot, Don't Miss It!! Capture!,
OK--I think you have started something now. I am now looking for your e-mail address and will answer your questions you left on my blog. Hope you are having a great day. julie and lauren :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! She is so beautiful. You did an awesome job capturing her beauty. Can't wait to see your two girls in their uniforms. My oldest loves cheering too.

sarah.flyingkites said...

These are so good!!! She is beautiful!

My FAVORITE is #2 - gorgeous!

(I also like #1 and #4, but they're all great!)

Lizzie said...

#2 and #5 are my favorites :) well, really i like them all but you made me choose!!!

Anonymous said...

#2&#5 are definitely favorites!! Awesome photos, good job Pam!! Beautiful girl!!

Anonymous said...

Just went back to the photos again and noticed on #6, Leah's arm looks dead, like grayish. ha.

Sheryl said...

oh pam...she sure is pretty!! i thought you were just gonna give us a few choices!!!

anyway, my favorites are 2 & 3.

just noticed the comment about her arm looking dead in number 6 - ha! guess you were doing some black and white and forgot to bring her arm back to life.

The Scott Household said...

LOVE number 3 :)

Pam's Pictures of Life :)

Paula V said...

Woman, you are absolutely NUTS if you pay someone else to take James' pictures. If one turns out bad, you take another. You take awesome pictures and I do not use that would a lot.

You need a photo business name for sure. I'd love to see what others have to say. Maybe you can collect them and post so we can all vote on them too.

NONE of them are bad. But, I like 1 and 3 for your wall JUST because I like pics that show more of the face and close up. However, I believe one of those frames with many slots would be killer on your wall. You really MUST display all these pictures and not just one. You must allow visitors to your home to see your beautiful daughter and marvelous talent.

My only observation is did you gray out part of number 6? It looks like her right hand is gray or is my vision going from being overworked today????

Maybe you can have a nifty business duo...cake and photos. HOw's the cake baking going?

Hey, email me and tell me what kind of camera you have. I really want a new one because I can't get close enough to my flowers to get the details. Mine is a Canon that is about four years old but it cost $280! Remember when they were that much. I'm guessing they are nothing like that now.

Email me the brand/model.

You are marvelous! I could look at these pics all day. Can't wait to see James' for senior year. Oh, no, wait, we don't want to rush that process.

I love to hear your heart being full.

I can't wait to see both your girls in their uniforms. YES, definitely be posting a video of K cheerleading!!!

Paula V said...

What is composition and how do you change it? Is it a button on your camera? Is that how you get the "shading" or "lighting" to look different like the difference in 3 and 2???

Tea with Tiffany said...

Great pics. Creative. Your girl is beautiful.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Want to go into business together? the pics are great! You're really learning how to use that Rebel!

missyg said...

1, 2, 4, and 6 are my favorites. I know that doesn't narrow it down at all, but that is what I like best.

You did a fab job with all of the pictures and I did my first photo shoot the other day with a co-worker. I was so nervous. Best of luck on your new business. I hope to eventually do the same thing as a side job in the future.

missyg said...

1, 2, 4, and 6 are my favorites. I know that doesn't narrow it down at all, but that is what I like best.

You did a fab job with all of the pictures and I did my first photo shoot the other day with a co-worker. I was so nervous. Best of luck on your new business. I hope to eventually do the same thing as a side job in the future.

Mom24 said...

Wow! She is absolutely beautiful. I can't believe how much older she looks. You did a great job with the pictures.

She's looking more and more like her mommy every day.

Carrie said...

Those are gorgeous! She's such a pretty girl! I can't choose, I think you need to make a collage and show them all! ;)

Great job to you and for Leah on her cheerleading...can't wait to see more pics of your sweet girls!

Gayle said...

#1, #2 & #4 are my favorites, but I would put #6 on the wall. You did a great job with the photos. I hope it was a fun experience.

The Queen said...

You did a GREAT job on the photos!!!! #2 is my favorite.

I like the idea of Don't miss this photography for the name. Or maybe Capturing God's Blessings.

As for the cheerleader outfit, you could go to a local sports printing shop (that does t-shirts and stuff) and probably order one with the team name on it in the same colors as Leah's.

The Queen said...

Meant to ask, what kind of camera do you use???

Robin said...

Wow! Those pictures are great! Of course your daughter is beautiful! #3 gets my vote for the wall! I've been doing my little ones pictures to hang with the big kids and have started wondering why in world I keep paying crazy prices for school pictures instead of just doing all of them myself. Mine don't turn out as great as yours though...absolutely beautiful!!!

Tim said...

These pics are so good! Leah is such a cutie!

I have my post ready for YGMT, so let me know when the link it up!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Laurel said...

These are GREAT! You can totally take James' Senior Pics. No question. We haven't paid for any of our older kids to have "professional" pics taken. The really fun thing about taking your own Senior Pics is that you can have several photo shoots in the different seasons of the year.

So excited for you to get this business up and running. Woohoo!

Laurel :)

PS: Have you read my blog this past week? Did you hear our NEWS??? (I can't remember if you commented or not.)