My Computer is back and running again! Just in time for another week of YOUR Gonna Miss This… Moments! Won’t you join in with me and my friends and post a moment of your own to share & link up here?
Well. Not sure what to share with you. My computer is back, but I lost some pictures, mostly the recent ones, like the ones from our vacation at the lake. So all I have are the ones that I shared on here. Bummer.
I think I’ll go take a new picture right now, just so I have one to post… be right back…
Wow, thanks for telling me to buck up and take some new pictures and quite whining about losing all those others. O? That wasn’t you? Voices in my head?
I went outside and got inspired by this…
(Go ahead, ask me about her hair!)
A staple summer meal roun’ these parts…
Pudgy Pies.
We don’t ask why they are called THAT! Ahem.
Ever had one?
The part that inspired me is how Kiahna calls them, “Fudgy Pies”!
A few weeks ago, she was so grumpy. She ended up in bed right from our campfire dinner. She refused to eat her “fudgy pie” and chose to cry.
I took her in to put her to bed, she said her prayers… “help me to eat my fudgy pie next time” (through the tears!)
What a sweetie!
Yeah, I still put her to bed, she wasn’t that sweet!
A favorite for our family is Pizza Pudgy Pies! How about the recipe, you say? Don’t even tell me it isn’t you again, I know it’s you this time!
Simple.
Bread.
Pizza Ingredients, we used sauce, cheese, pepperonis, & mushrooms tonight!
Close the pudgy pie maker and put in the fire.
DONT LET IT BURN! That’s the biggest part.
Which reminds me of another moment from last week… speaking of burning things. I cooked foil dinners over the fire…
Let’s just say, if you ever do this, you need to worry more about them getting burned than about them getting cooked. (Glad I put 1/2 in the oven in the house!! GOTTA LOVE STAYCATION!!)
And one of the best things EVER about eating outside… clean up is so simple…
So, my moments this week… “fudgy” pies, staycation, reading for fun (don't look now, but I'm on my 7th novel this summer!!) summer camp fires with family & friends, adventures in cooking… o, and being 36, that’s about gone too!
We are still too busy, too many appointments, too many people running too many places, I still wish it would slow down, kinda, but I want the best of both worlds, ya know? (and to tell the truth I really didn’t miss my computer all that much this week!)
Now, it is YOUR turn! If you are totally new you can read the Original YOUR Gonna Miss This...Post. Hope you join me!
Pam
8 comments:
Those pies sound so good. I love mushrooms. YUM!
Her hair is beautiful as always. It is amazing to see it in all those braids. A work of art.
Love her prayer too.
You really didn't miss the computer?
What about her hair? Is there something wrong?
Those fudgy pies sound delish. I don't have a pie maker nor a fire. I bet they'd be good on the stove, like grilled cheese. Have you ever done it on the stove?
Woman you are a cook!!!! I guess you have to be with kids and others to feed...can't say we're having a can of peas for dinner. Even though I didn't do that when I cooked for two, your meals are so creative.
I have to watch what I eat and reduce my fat/chol; however, I really would love to try these on the stove. Maybe I could buy small package of pepperoni (yum) and I could toss the leftover pizza sauce. I've never bought pizza sauce. Can you believe that?
What a great idea, and so much fun! I like your outdoor table buser too. Clean up made easy and you dont even have to pay this guy! LOL
Have a great weekend! My post should be up tomorrow Lord willing.
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Sounds like fun! Love the "fudgy pies" ... we don't have those in the Pacific NW ... never heard of them.
blessings,
Laurel :)
When I was growing up, we used to make those all the time while camping...I miss them! What great summer time fun memories! Our summer is quickly coming to an end as we start school in 2 weeks! Enjoy the rest of your time!
my grandpa used to make those sandwiches! he'd fill them with applesauce. i know it sounds weird but it tastes SO good! Thanks for bringing back some old memories i had tucked away in my head :) have a great Sunday.
AWWW she is too sweet! I love her new hairdoo.
Thanks for linking me up. I do miss my computer when I am up at the lake..especially twitter.
Call me crazy!
I used to LOVE those pizza pies when I was younger at 4H camp. Delicious! A staycation is such a neat idea :)
Post a Comment