Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me Monday

Yes, it is Monday again... and what better way to start out the week than to join MckMamma (who may not be playing along, with that beautiful new baby and all!)  and 100's of others in recapping all the things that we most definitely DID NOT do this week!

We never lose anything in this house... we don't have a missing library video... and Kiahna doesn't have 2 pairs of tennis shoes, and three of the 4 shoes are not lost.  Nope, not here.

Jadon didn't choose books from the library because they were about pigs and he knew Kiahna would like them.  He can't be that sweet, if he wants to be.  Nope.  Not Jadon.

Leah didn't ask me how much it cost to move to Australia, after finding out the results of the election.  Nope, didn't happen.

We didn't find 4 kittens in our barn.  They kittens aren't so cute, that I was lamenting the lost opportunity to get pictures of them with the kids.

Jadon didn't sneak any kittens into his bed when he was supposed to be napping.  He didn't lie to me about it.  And he didn't tell me that I didn't need to lay with him during his nap, because he was not afraid any more.  Nope.  Not Jadon.

No one got into my make-up bag this week.  Nope.  My lipstick and eye-liner are not broken.  Nope, Not Me.

Cold weather has not finally arrived here... and Leah did not say "this is what I'm talking about" in reference to the chilly temperatures.  I didn't respond that I agreed, "It was almost like Florida, minus the sun, heat, sand, and ocean"  Nope, Not Me!

Not once this week did I use Daylight Savings Time, and the early darkness to manipulate an unsuspecting, un-time-telling child to go to bed an hour early.  Nope. 

It didn't snow this morning.  And Jadon didn't beg to go out and play in it.  After telling him that it wouldn't stick, he didn't beg to just go out and catch them with his tongue... and of course that wasn't so sweet and cute that I didn't say yes... Nope, Not me.

I never wish that there was someone who walked in the door between 5-6 pm, said, "honey, I'm home," and gave me relief from the parenting job.  Nope.  I love being a single parent.  All the time.  Every day.  It never overwhelms me.  Never.

We don't have 100 candy bars to sell for the middle school fundraiser.  And Jadon hasn't scaled the bookshelf to reach them and indulge in the candy.  Twice.  Nope.  Didn't happen.

I didn't spend about 12 hours working on the leaves in our yard this week.  And there are not parts of the yard that don't even look like I tried.  Nope, not MY yard.

I didn't call the fire department this week.  My leaf pile didn't start burning again, the next day in the wind, and it didn't start a fire back in the woods.  And by all means, this has never happened to me before.  Nope, Not ME!

Zach didn't ask to have a party last weekend.  I didn't go into a hysterical fit of laughter when he asked permission, and then deicide that I could use this to get my house cleaned.  I didn't laugh when he cleaned it on Monday, because he thought that it would actually stay clean until Friday.  And I didn't use his party all week long to keep my house clean, because I wasn't on the mower working on leaves constantly.  Nope.  Didn't happen.

I am not hoping that my camera gets back in my hands and is fixed before this Saturday when Leah and I take a bus trip to Chicago.  Nope.  Not hoping that.

I never wonder if I shouldn't hold on to some of the events of our house for the next week's Not Me Monday post.  Just in case nothing exciting happens to us.  Nope, I'm not hoping for an uneventful week, Not me!

Pam

13 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

100 candy bars to sell right after Halloween? That is just cruel. Good luck. Tell Leah I wanted to move to Canada. LOL

CntryMomma said...

Great entry! I'm still stratchin' my head to come up with more than 3!

LORI

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great not-me-monday! I especially liked the one about Jadon sneaking the kittens in bed...funny!!

Pam D said...

Jadon is my kind of boy! Climbing the bookcase to get to the candy bars... ha! Hiding kittens in his bed for nap time... yep. Love it.. although I'm sure there are times when when you eye the duct tape and think dark thoughts... (not that I would ever have done that with my boy... no, not ME!) Love your post, as always... and blessings on the week!

Pam said...

duct tape... nope, never thought about that, nope, not me either!! I have come home to find that the older kids had tied him up with jump ropes AND he thought it was a great game!

Lori... wanna borrow some of mine??

Laurel said...

I always love your Not Me Mondays. My 12 year old daughter loves to read them with me, too.

May your week be BLESSED!


Laurel

Suzanne said...

This is the first time I've found you! Mothering is quite the job...I'm still not looking for a pink fairy library book...
;) CountryMom

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Great list, we are missing a pair of shoes too.

Mom24 said...

Great post! I'll take 5 candy bars and a kitten. Not me! ;-) (Good thing I don't live closer, huh?)

Lizzie said...

busy week doing nothing as always :)

Deborah said...

Wow, this is the first time I've read your blog but I'll be back. I barely make it with 2 kids and 1 husband so I'm amazed at your life.

Jennifer said...

The shoe thing happens to me ALL the time with every one of my kids!! I laughed out loud when I read about moving to Australia!! I didn't even do a Not Me post today because my mind can't focus on what happened...pitiful I know, but I did post the new pics of my kids..Come check them out!

-stephanie- said...

I'll move to Australia with her. sigh
funny not me's