Thursday, November 13, 2008

Is this the one?

Wave after wave of trial come at us as we walk this earth.

Some of the waves are so large and overpowering that they suck us in and under.

I've recovered from many of them.

God has proven Himself to be my life preserver.  To be my Savior.

I've been hit again... another wave... and I find my strength so small... I need His strength to boost me to the surface again...

And as I wait for that to happen...

I hope this isn't the wave that takes me under and keeps me there.

Pam

18 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I have been there many times, but God is faithful and He will pull you through this wave and you will only be stronger. Fight the waves and know that your lifeguard is always on duty!

Dia Sawyer said...

I always pray that if I get pulled under and stay there that God, as my life preserver, will pull me to the surface regardless of my circumstances! Praying for you and thinking of you often. Dia

Anonymous said...

Who am I to give advice? I do not know, but just hold on to Jesus. Refuse to let satan win this battle. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him"

Carol said...

God is BIG enough!!! Prayers lifted up.

Carol Schrenk
Gridley, IL

sarah.flyingkites said...

I hope not too!

Prayers on your behalf are being sent up right now!

Love,
Sarah

CntryMomma said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how it feels to feel like the situation is just to big to stand it.

LORI

Erin said...

Praying for you right now, Pam!
Erin

Mom24 said...

Thinking and praying for you. I've got a big shoulder if you need it.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that I need to comment that you've been doing great without your camera, and then I read this post and it changes my outlook on things. Who cares about a stupid camera when you have such bigger issues weighing you down. It's easy to get pulled under, just don't let yourself stay down long. Put up the fight, the Lord is already fighting and he never tires. God Bless.

kay said...

Just some prayers and good thoughts for you today...

B said...

Lifting you up my friend! May you find strength and peace.

Keyona said...

You will come back up. After all you've been through there could not be a wave big enough to hold you down.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Pam said...

thanks everyone... i'm too tired to type another post tonight... too spent... it has been such a long hard day... i'll try to share some tomorrow, but it is kind of sensitive... so i just appreciate the prayers.

KC said...

God is so faithful.. I'll pray for you right now Pam (((HUGS)))

Jennifer said...

Stay strong Pam! I know you can!!I pray for you everyday and will continue! I always refer to you as "One of the strongest women I've ever met" when I pray for you! Not that I've physically met you, but I feel that I've definetly spiritually met you! We just had a renewal gathering at our church and one night the guest Pastor spoke of rest and keeping the Sabbath Holy! He said even if it's not on Sunday, that it's important to have a day of rest as God intended all of us to have! I know it has to be hard to do that with such a big load on your hands, but have everyone have a day of rest, if at all possible. I'm not the greatest at giving advice, but that's what popped in my head when reading this post! Love ya and Take care...and please..stay strong!!!

Alicia said...

Dear sister, I know whatever happened this time must be enormous. Since we have just met through blogs I don't want to pry, but please know with gentle love I hurt for you and with you.

Laurel said...

Praying for calm seas and smooth waters ... no more waves for awhile.

I've had a pretty "down" last couple of weeks, with not much energy to surf the waves, also. Not fun!

Hugs & Prayers,

Laurel

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I got a little behind on my reading, I have not stopped praying....