In the past week I have heard of so much pain going on in this world…
Death.
Illness.
Sin.
Betrayal.
Nationally & right here in our little community.
A good friend of mine knows a young mother who was killed in a car accident & my friend is weeping with the children while trying to feed the baby a bottle he’s never had to take… while his 2 year old brother cries over “mommy being broken” because he saw it all.
A young mother goes in for surgery and a doctor makes a tragic mistake. And she is gone. Leaving a 7th grader and a 4th grader.
Another young mother suddenly has an aneurism and isn’t expected to recover.
A young father, and husband of an old classmate is suddenly killed while at work in an accident.
A young father has cancer & he and his family sit in another country for over a month seeking treatment for a disease that has taken so many.
A highly respected community leader falls to the sin of adultery and 2 more marriage’s go down the drain.
All of this in my own little circle of life.
I would imagine that each of you could add one or more to this that you have heard in the last week.
I find myself hesitating to enter into their pain.
My own pain is still too close to the surface.
I may have to acknowledge it’s existence if I enter in to someone else pain.
But, what can I do?
To be quite honest, I don’t know what I can do. But, something in me deep down does not want to just move on and pretend that I have not been through something so tragic & painful… and God has not shown himself utterly amazing in the midst.
What does that look like?
Pam
7 comments:
I feel your pain. We have all gone through those times in our life. It is tough but we all need to remember to trust in God and what he has in store for our lives. I never understand it and I struggle sometimes with letting God control my life. Take care. I hope He eases your pain soon.
Pam,
I know that it does not seem like God is close in situations like these, I have struggled with wondering how these things can happen. I just want you to know that I am praying for you and your close circle this morning.
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
You have been an amazing friend this week. Thanks for your prayers, and the encouraging texts. We are making it through, and Brennan is getting used to his bottle. Life won't be the same but we have HOPE in Jesus. He knows what the plans are for these sweet boys and their daddy. And He knows what His plans are for you. That is what I'm holding on to during this time. Love you!
oh pam...i am stopping right now and praying. praying for you and peace and strength for all those hurting and in need. i am aching just reading the post. a reminder that HOPE is what keeps us held in place...i pray hebrews 11:1..."faith is being SURE of what we HOPE for and CERTAIN of what we CANNOT see..."
love you girl...
Thank you for sharing your heart!
sandy toe
I love reading your blog.
I agree, life has great pain doesn't it? Like you, I am confident that our God is so faithful! Even when the pain is intense and we just don't get it, HE is faithful. I'm praying.
Pam:
I am a Blogher blogger also and you are the featured blog today on my blog...I always try and go check out the featured blogs...
Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry for all the terrible things going on around you...I will be praying for you and your family.
Your children are beautiful...
~Hugs
Post a Comment