Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post of 2009

New Year’s Eve… the end of a year.  A time for reflection.  A time for family.  Friends, More food.  The end of the holiday season. 

Time to once again be surprised that another year is over.

To wonder where the time goes.

To think about what the next year might hold.

To be glad it’s over and thankful for a new chance to do it all again.

We are staying home tonight, well me & the 3 youngest kids are.  We have friend driving in from Ohio to spend the night and the 2 nights after that too!

Tomorrow we are planning to take all the kids (well, my 3 youngest again and Sheila’s 4) and go to a hotel with a pool!

Sheila's one of those friends who I met because we have similar circumstances we have walked through. 

Each of the older kids has get together’s to go to tonight & tomorrow Leah is having a co-birthday party at a friend’s house.

I told the other mom that I didn’t think that I would be able to be there to help if that was the date they chose for the party, so I am sending lots of food & my daughter’s party will go on without me.

The big boys will either be at Gpa & Gma’s or friends’ houses.

My first thoughts when I reflect on 2009… well… It sure what a lot better than 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008!

Maybe 2010 will bring even more peace & contentment in my life and circumstances.  That would be good.

It will bring my first graduation.  First child off to college.  Last child in school all day. 

Hopefully there will be lots of photography & smiling faces to photograph.  My business will grow & I will figure out how to juggle all the plates just a little bit better than I did this last year.

Hopefully I will grow closer to God.  And hunger for more of HIM.

I hope to make more time to be with my own friends.  Putting time into those relationships that are important to me.

Peace will reign in my heart, even if it doesn’t in my house… or my circumstances… & God will protect us.

It’s been a good year.  Healing has continued and become more of a constant than a fleeting emotion.

I hope each of you has a wonderful evening and a blessed 2010.

Is it really going to be 2010?  Wasn’t it just 1990 and I was a senior?  How did I get here?

Pam

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Pam, this is a really great post! I am glad that healing is becoming more of a constant for you. I know it will never be easy. I hope your business does thrive in 2010!
Happy New Year!

Pam D said...

Happiest of New Year's to you, Pam! You have come SO far in the healing process; the bitterness is gone, and the light shines through so brightly. I don't have a lot of time to comment on blogs now, but I check in, and it's been so encouraging to see the direction in which you're going. Praying.. that God continues to bless you richly. That you have peace in the midst of what sometimes must seem like chaos. And that joy is found in unexpected places, right when you need it. Blessings, my friend....

Laurel said...

Ummm ... I was a Senior in 1980. Yikes, does that mean I'm old? Oh ... and I was 8 mo. pregnant with Baby #6 at my 10 year reunion ... in 1990. Crazy!

Love ya!

Laurel :)