Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One Person?

Yesterday I read a twitter from another mom. 

She was talking about how busy her day is.

She asked if anyone else ever had to remind themselves they were only one person.

ummmmm….

yeah.

Only I don’t remind myself. 

Nor, do I even try to only be one person.

I try to be 2.

Or 4.

Or 6.

Sometimes more.

It really hit me, this tweet.

How in the world can I only be one person?

I don’t know.

I’d like to try.

Odds are against it.

As a single parent you already naturally have to do the job of 2.

So…

Yeah.

No answers.

Praying God shows me the things HE wants this ONE person to do each day.

What else can I do?

Maybe it’s more like through HIS strength I will be able to do more than one person should.

Is that it?

Maybe.

Pam

3 comments:

Märta Harr said...

Pam,
You're amazing! This post reminds me of a couple of favorite quotes:

"The best moments in our lives, are not the passive, receptive, relaxing times - although such experiences can also be enjoyable, if we have worked hard to attain them. The best moments usually occur when a person's body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile. Optimal experience is something that we make happen. Such experiences are not necessarily pleasant at the time they occur, yet these could have been the best moments of life. Getting control is never easy and sometimes it can be definitely painful. But in the long run optimal experiences add up to a sense of mastery - or perhaps better, a sense of participation in determining the content of life - that comes as close to what is usually meant by happiness as anything else we can conceivably imagine. - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

"If you want to get revelation, do your homework... The good works that really matter require the help of heaven. And the help of heaven requires working past the point of fatigue so far that only the meek and lowly will keep going long enough. The Lord doesn't put us through this test just to give us a grade; he does it because the process will change us." Henry B. Eyring "Draw Closer to God” pg. 94-95

Keep up the good work, God knows and makes up the difference! You inspire me! Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Laurel said...

As the mother of a dozen children ... I, too, try to be much more than one person. How can one person meet the mothering needs of a dozen children? Only with the Lord's help.


mama of many

Danyele Easterhaus said...

hmmmm...yep, it's true. told you on twitter. i prayed to remember that today...smiles!