Sigh… why is that my first response when I sit down to type? Well? Not sure where to start? Maybe that is it.
We got back Saturday afternoon from our week at the lake. I have tons of pictures that need to be edited. It was an interesting week. Not very warm weather. Semi-relaxing. Semi-stressful. Semi-no-so-much-fun-to-be-stuck-in-the-house-with-all-those-kids fun.
We played tons of games. Mostly one game. A new one to us. The Settlers of Catan. I lost track of how many times we played. I never did win! I did beat my brother-in-law, Ben once, and that was almost as good a winning!! But, after playing with kids for 3 days, the 4th day I couldn’t take their constant noise any longer and refused to play with anyone but adults!! Seriously, if you actually sat there listening, 5 kids making noise, any noise, constantly… there is only so much of that a person can take!!
We did run away to the outlet malls that are close by a couple of times. That was fun. One afternoon Lana, Kiahna, & I made a Meijer run. Lana asked me what we were looking for again? I told her, NOTHING, we are just killing time until we have to go back to the cottage!!!
We had 3 nice days. 4 cool days. At least it didn’t rain too much, and even though the water cooled down, and the weather was too cool to be out without sweatshirts, the kids did get out behind the boats tubing and knee boarding, riding the “oops” tube, and the “hot dog tube”.
There is a person on that tube. A big person. The scariest moment of the week was when 3 little boys, Lucas, Sammy & Brandon were riding on that tube. And the wind was stronger and the waves were bigger, and suddenly Lucas & Brandon were knocked off & Sammy was thrown up in the air. High. Allison saw it happen, and yelled. & we scrambled to get another boat out there to help. Thankfully, Sammy was only very scared (along with Jeremy who was driving the boat) and didn’t want to get on the tube again. Wow, God must have had angel’s catching him.
Lots of fishing went on in the cloudy weather too. Enough to have a big fish fry. Now, I don’t like fish, but everyone else was super excited. I kept asking them if they would not try to catch a chicken next time they were out! No sale.
There are an overwhelming amount of pictures I want to show you! Imagine if it had been nice weather all the days! I’ll leave you with this smilebox I threw together!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Pam

6 comments:
Thank God for His Angels that surround our kids every day.
I can only imagine the noise level, I have two and there are days when I want to put in ear plugs.
I'm sure it's good to be home.
The unpacking part must be brutal, that's my least favorite part of any trip.
Hope you can get some rest from the noise and have some time for yourself soon.
too much fun! love all the fam shots. scary tubing thing with the kids...glad all is well and you are home again.
Wow, that is a lot of kids! Love the close ups of all of them, so adorable! What a scary moment on the tube! I can only imagine the fear everyone felt! Glad they're ok! It was definitely crummy weather here too..but we managed to work around it as well! Glad you're home safe!
Pam,
Too bad the weather wasn't a little better, but great memories were made despite that.
I love the Smilebox you created and that little Addison is precious. Leah is beautiful!
Great to have you back, although you were very good about pre-posting. Somehow I missed those.
I'm glad everyone made it home safe and sound! I can't imagine the noise Pam (ha). My little one by herself can make noise when she is excited. :o)
Great pictures! These will be sweet memories someday.
Love!
Beth
Pam, Welcome home!
God is good and His angels surround us always. I can only imagine how scarey that tubing experience must have been. Thank the Lord everyone is safe.
P.S. I forgot to tell you I love the title of your blog. Trace Adkins is one of my favorite singers and I absolutely LOVE this song of his... makes me cry everytime.
Post a Comment