...when you have children????
Ever feel like you are stuck in some unending sitcom, you know one of those frustrating ones that make you want to leave the room!!
I had one of those afternoons. The kind that finds your preschoolers into amazing messes that blow your mind at their creative tendencies... and also finds you dealing with teens who know it all and think that you were born yesterday!!
After a nutritious dinner of Pizza Hut Pizza! I informed my two oldest boys that we would be cleaning the debris out of the yard. To which my 16 year old promptly decided that he needed to go to a graduation party. Sure, after the sticks are picked up.
The next 2 hours involved me micromanaging two teenage, strong, smart, capable boys into what was a stick, what was a twig, and what was a log...
teen: "you said we only had to pick up the big sticks"
me: "I said we had to pick up the sticks"
teen: "you said logs"
me: "I said all these sticks"
teen: "is that it?"
me: "no"
teen: "can I go now?"
me: "your done when I'm done"
teen: "your picking up all the sticks, not just the big ones"
me: "yes, they dull the mower blade"
teen: "this is taking so long"
me: "if you had done it fast the first time, we'd be done now"
teen: "whatever"
I fill two wagons with sticks... teens practice their throwing skills tossing them one at a time into the woods...
teen: "are you done yet?"
me: "if I was done I would be in the house with something cold to drink and not out here picking up sticks! Be thankful you aren't cleaning up whole trees like so many others are today!"
teen: heavy sigh
Meanwhile, on the other side of the yard... two preschoolers are playing on the road...
me: "get off the road"
preschooler: "we aren't on the road, we're by the road"
me: "GET AWAY FROM THE ROAD"
me: "stop squeezing the cat"
teen: "you want me to show you what it feels like to be squeezed like that?"
preschooler: "I have to go potty"
me: "go"
preschooler: "help me" (then runs ahead of me, into the bathroom, and locks the door behind her)
Preschooler proceeds to empty 1/2 the toothpaste into the sink...
me: "why did you do this?"
preschooler: "cause"
Finally the sticks are satisfactory... I have my cool drink... I go to rescue yet one more kitten from the clutches of a preschooler who is stomping her feet in defiance at my suggestion that she NOT touch them anymore today!!
Only to return to find preschooler #2 drinking my cool drink, and inform me that he doesn't want any more, because there is a bug in it... thanks...
Return to the house to find preschooler #1... time for baths and bed! YEAH!!! Open bathroom door to find, no one in the room, water running full blast, Elmo floating in the sink, sink drain closed, the rest of the toothpaste floating with Elmo in the sink...
me: "GET IN THE TUB!"
Two preschoolers in the tub... why is the water pressure so low? Washer is running, dishwasher is running... still, this is really low... I leave the bathroom to find that the outside spicket is running full force flooding the back yard... shut it off...
Return to the bathroom... smell the shampoo from the hallway... find two preschoolers dumping out shampoo and body wash, making bubbles in their tub.
BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT...
Needing to find away for 3 and 4 year olds to make money so pay for their own shampoo and tooth paste!!
Proceed to wash said preschoolers...
Proceed to read to said preschoolers...
Proceed to put said preschoolers into bed with an exhausted kiss and hug...
Day done...
Go to the basement only to find teen who couldn't wait to leave, back home again! LOL!! And other teen HOGGING MY COMPUTER!!! Doesn't he know how busy my week has been and how much I need to be on there! No, he needs to talk on MSN to 10 friends at once!
Since being on here... must have heard teen say... "are you done yet" 5 times??
Didn't get any pictures of today's disasters! Too bad!! I am pretty sure that there were even more that I can't even remember right now... you know,... some things you just block out to cope!!
Here are a few shots from the past...
No comments:
Post a Comment