I took Kiahna’s yarn hair out this week! 2 braids fell out, so I knew it was definitely time! Most of the braids had been in 6-7 weeks, the redone ones 3-4 weeks. I was very happy with the results of all the hours of work it took to put them in!
When I took them all out, all but 14 slid right off like a sleeve. It took me twice as long to take out those 14 I had to pick at as it did to take out the 126 I didn’t!
Here she is right after they were taken out. Zach wanted me to leave it like this! It just doesn’t work that way, bud!
The pile of yarn braids I took out…
After washing, parting, and sleeping…
I am redoing the parts into triangles, so that they don’t cause stress in the same spots the were in. I am putting in red, white, and blue STAR beads for 4th of July, which I got from Steph at SNAPAHOLICS! I know she has lots of these beads and has her 4th of July special discounted! It’s not too late to get some of these!!
closer up…
My Caucasian nieces even love beads! I’ve promised them some beads when we go on vacation in a week! I did do one of the girls hair at a birthday party a couple weeks ago. It lasted a few days and she loved the swinging beads in her hair!
Kaitlin…
Oh yes, I just remembered it is Haiku Friday…
2 comments:
I missed a Haiku today too! I got behind with traveling last week. Her hair is stunning. And so long. I'm jealous.
Let's get back into our Haiku game next week?!
That's a great idea to make the sections into triangles. I'm fixing to take Abbie's yarn braids out in the next couple of days. I'm so excited that they have lasted so long!!!
Post a Comment