Thursday, May 8, 2008

What was I thinking?

Well, it is Thursday... and as you can tell I haven't had much computer time this week! Mostly because I have been spending every spare moment braiding Kiahna's hair. Why I have this drive to go overboard I don't know. Why did I think that buying 4000 beads what a good idea? Why did I buy all that construction paper that I just gave to my sister after so many years? Why do I do projects that overwhelm me and are too much?

Kiahna's hair is gorgeous... if I do say so myself! It should be thought...

Saturday I began in the front redoing the braids one at a time and making them smaller, in some places putting 4 braids where there was one... it seemed like a good idea at the time... i don't think I had a clue how long of a process this would be. Saturday I worked on it 3 hours.

Monday it was 4 hours of hair in small increments. The house cleaning and laundry didn't happen!

By Tuesday I needed to take her out in public! And this is what it looked like then... I could take the new and cover the old into a pony tail! WA-LAH! I should have left it go at that!

DSC02559 DSC02558 Is that ONE BIG pony tail or what!

This is what the old stuff underneath was looking like by now...

DSC02538 DSC02546

I worked a couple hours on Tuesday. Four hours on Wednesday. Today I have done 3 hours. I have about 1/8 of her head to go I am estimating and that will take about 2 more hours...

I enjoy this, but this is ridiculous!!

I'll post pictures as soon as it is done! And let's all pray that it lasts 6 weeks!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Where in Indiana are you from? I live in Nappanee (northern) I saw your blog weblink posted on the adoption hair and skincare site. My email address is ajpolhemus@gmail.com I would love to talk hair with you :)

Jodi

Katie O said...

Hi Pam!
Katie O. from the hair group. I love the way these braids turned out! Really looks just like my Vic's but with the fun, pretty beads. I think that is a really cute look with those beads. But I am guessing all of that beading is part of what took so long :) Yarn braids is one hair do where I forgo all of the extra hair baubles and it still takes 8 hours to put them in! Great Job!!!!