There are definately some birthday's that are monumental. Turning 10 (or any change of decade for that matter!!!!) Is a BIG deal!! Lucas is my youngest biological child. It's been 10 years since I gave birth!! And I am pretty sure that I am still trying to lose the weight I gained from that pregnancy! (okay maybe I lost that weight and it just found me again!!)
I got out the old photo album this morning to scan in a baby picture of Lucas to share with you all. I found all kids of fun things to show you!! One thing I noticed is that THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF ME WITH BABY LUCAS UNTIL HE IS A WEEK OLD!! What is up with that!?! Lots of Jim and the kids with him, but where am I? Oh yes, on the operating table, recovery room, and recuperating from surgery! All 4 bio kids were delivered by C-Section. THANKFULLY!! Lucas was my biggest (they kept growing larger as we went!), weighing in at 9 lbs 9 oz!!
Here he is!!
That's Rick* in the surgery garb, Zach and James watching, and Dad taking video (hey, we weren't totally incompetent parents! At least we took video!
This is the first picture I found with me in it after Lucas was born! And I am not even holding him!!
And this is where Lucas was at 10 days old. ICU at Lutheran Hospital. He had SVT. Supraventricular Tachycardia, a heart rythym disorder. His body was shutting down and his heart was going at close to 200 beats per minute. After a week in ICU, he had a full recovery and has not had any symptoms since! PRAISE GOD!!
Oh, and this was stuck in the album... Rick and I in high school! My senior year, Sunshine Banquet, so technically Rick was out of school.
I found evidence that my older kids may just have been as messy and into things as my younger two are! Here is some proof...
"Helping" with the dishes? Leah on the stool, Zach on the counter.
James and Zach @ 5 and 2 years old...
Reminds me of this one of Jadon this spring!
Leah a mess in her high chair...
One more from memory lane... Lucas at 3 months old...
Lucas at 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Lucas!! Mom Loves You!!!!
*not his real name.
No comments:
Post a Comment