Friday, May 30, 2008

Graduating from the 5th Grade...

Last night Leah graduated from the 5th grade! It is really cool how big of a fuss the teachers make over them! Because our school is a K-12 school, the graduation for the seniors is set up already for this weekend and the 5th grade gets to use their stage, chairs, and feel very grown up and important!

Leah has been talking about this and very excited for a long time! We bought a new dress, earrings, necklace, shoes... and we got her first UPDO done for this occasion! IMAGINE her dismay at realizing (after the do was done) that she had to put this AWFUL GREY HAT over her beautiful (I just paid to that that done) hair!

She was still beautiful with the ugly gray hat, and we even got it looking nice still this morning so she could wear her beautiful do to school today!

One more day of school after today.

Here are some pictures of last night's event...

Going to the salon for the UPDO...

DSC03212

Jenna Imel, at Unlimited Image, working on Leah's hair...

DSC03216

Finished, dressed, and ready to go...

DSC03226

Okay, pause... anyone thinking what I am... I can do this... DSC03197

(Which I spent 8 HOURS touching up this week) and yet I have to pay someone to do Leah's hair? Yes, I have issues... HEY!?! Maybe there is a YOUTUBE video for doing updo's I could watch and learn to do Leah's hair too! NO DOUBT there is!

Anyway... walking in... with the pretty gray hat on...

DSC03233

Receiving her "diploma".DSC03253

Leah and her cousin Cody, at the "party" afterwards with refreshments!

DSC03285

With some of her girlfriends...

DSC03278

And with her teacher, Mrs. Goulet... Thank you, Mrs. Goulet for another wonderful school year! And Thank GOD for wonderful, prayerful teachers in the public schools!

DSC03287

CONTRATULATIONS, LEAH!!!!

No comments: