Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Balance?? What's that???

So, I went to Wal-Mart this morning...

The goal was to purchase the rest of the thing we need for our trip. Snacks, lunch, SPF 30 Sunscreen, sunglasses... you know... STUFF!

I did that. I got home. I called my sister, Lana, who is going with us. She told me that I went a little overboard.

I did??

After I unpacked everything I had to call her back and tell her she was right...


I know... that isn't even half of it though!!!

Four years ago, when we would have taken our family to Florida, I would have home baked 25 different varieties of cookies... preplanned every meal, doing most of the preperation at home... planned out every detail... not of course without losing my mind a few times part way through it... and all this with a baby in a sling!

Three years ago, we didn't go to Florida... Jim had his new job.

Two years ago... I went to Florida... I don't think I was eating then though... and I don't think I cared if anyone else did either.

Last year... I was too stressed to prepare past throwing a few things in a bag and leaving. Lana did all the meal planning, grocery buying, and I got in her van and we rode to Florida.

I guess this year it is just so nice to not be as stressed that I went a little overboard... I told Lana that I guess it is her reward for getting everything ready for me last year! Thankfully, she hasn't went to the store yet, so my snacks are her snacks... and mom and dad's van's snacks!

This is what I did...


I opened all the boxes and split up the snacks in baggies. Each van will have a very nice VARIETY of snacks for everyone! Isn't that great!!

Here are all the empty boxes!!


There is the whole table... empty boxes on the far end and all the piles of baggies on the other!

THERE ARE 16 OF US GOING!!!!!

Here is the amount for my van... see that isn't so bad...

These are Zach's basketball shoes... they have been here since Saturday... my guess is that since the season is over, they will stay there until next year if I don't move them myself...


And just to not leave Kiahna out... yesterday she was doing her dolls hair again... but she made sure that she told me that I didn't have to do her hair again... her hair is done!



Maybe next year I will find more balance in my shopping for vacations?? You should see how much food we eat at the lakes in the summer!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Pam,
Sure pray for your safety and sanity on your trip....Looks like everyone has plenty to eat for the trip there...What about the way home????Hopefully some will be left over...tehe....

Have a wonderful time, and don't forget to REST......Love you,Judy