Friday, July 30, 2010

A long time ago…

A long time ago, I used to blog regularly.

I blogged about my feelings.

My emotions.

My family.

My Adoption.

My divorce.

My God.

That was before.

Before I started my own business.

Before I had a senior.

Planned a big graduation party.

Stressed out with emotions over my oldest leaving the nest.

It’s time for me to find that balance again in my life.

Time to stop reeling from James’ Senior year & get my bearings on our new normal life.

Two weeks left of summer vacation.

Three weeks until we move James 2 1/2 hours away to college.

I am not living in the moment.

I haven’t relaxed.

I am overwhelmed.

Stressed out.

Grouchy.

Irritated.

Completely & totally unable to get myself back on track… I cry out to God for help.  He’s the only one who will get me there.

Prayers. 

Thanks.

Pam

6 comments:

jules said...

Hang in there, things will get better. It's touch to have them go away for college, but as moms we just pray we did all the right things to make them the wonderful people they are....

Carol said...

My prayers are yours...

and my hugs, too.

Laurel said...

So sorry you are struggling.

While I do know how it feels to have my children leave the nest, I know that I have not walked in your shoes.

I would guess that a lot of your current struggle is because your husband left you several years ago. The pain of that loss, probably amplifies the upcoming "loss" of James.

James has been "your man". He has been the "go to guy" around your house (in addition to your amazing dad). James has been "the strong one".

Pam, while many moms may encourage you by saying, "I understand. My children have gone away to college." I want to say to you, "I don't understand. I haven't walked in your shoes."

But ... I do know that Our God is MIGHTY and that He wants to be "your man". He wants to be the "go to guy" in your home. He wants to be "the strong one" in your life.

Yes, I am confident that the Lord will walk you through this time. That He will give you peace. That He will bring you strength to say your "good-byes" to James, as James takes the next big step in his life.

Big Hugs! Be BLESSED!

Laurel

Mom24 said...

I understand. (((Hugs)))

He & Me + 3 said...

I can't imagine...praying for you.

Bethany said...

I'm praying for you! You have a lot going on and a lot of changes coming your way. :) Praying you can find peace and a new "normal"