Monday, July 12, 2010

“Summer Break” _Ha!

Once you lose your momentum in keeping up a blog it sure is hard to get back into it.  I don’t plan to stop writing here, I just don’t have enough hours in most of my days.  Aren’t you proud of me for choosing to skip blogging rather than, you know, feeding my children? 

Well, I haven’t been doing a great job of feeding my children either. 

Running them all over the place.  I do pretty good at that.

We got back Saturday from a great week at the lake with my whole family.  All 31 of us.  It went really, really well.  The weather was fabulous.  We were in the water until dark many nights.  My brother-in-laws drove the boat hours & hours pulling kids endlessly.

I have about 1800 photos to sort through from the week.  It was a very busy week, not super relaxing, but nice. 

I came home and started making a list of all the things I needed to do this week.  There went every ounce of relaxation I had bottled up from the week away.

Realized that 4-H projects are due on Tuesday.

Began hyperventilating.

Seriously.  Why can’t summer just be summer?

Today we get to go back to the counselors with J & K.  I don’t know that it is helping.  They are doing pretty good, what to credit, I don’t know.  I’ve taken K off her meds for the summer.  Waiting for insurance to approve the in-depth testing we have been told to get.  Doesn’t look too promising it is going to happen before school starts.

Leah has cheerleading practices 2 times a week for the rest of the summer.

Zach has football practices & basketball practices for the rest of the summer (optional until August, then football is in full swing).

Lucas is starting summer school 3 days a week for 2 hours tomorrow.

Lucas has waited 2 months to have a birthday party.  This week we are going to try to pull that off.

I have 2 photo sessions to edit from before vacation.  & a senior photo shoot to do this week.

A break isn’t going to happen is it.

Silly me for being delusional enough to thing summer meant break.

Praying God refreshes my soul.  That’s what I need more than anything. 

Pam

4 comments:

jules said...

Now that's busy.....

Now that our kids are grown we have a lot more time to relax in the summer. We are lovin it.

Carol said...

Oh, I so need the break you are speaking of. What did happen to summer break????? Not too sure. We have a vacation planned for a week to DC, Baltimore, and NJ and I'm not looking forward to it because of the work that needs to be done for me do go. I'm tired from all of the things we've been doing even though so much of it has been fun. I just want to be.

So I know how you feel and I will be praying for you. You have to do it solo and that does make it much harder. You are amazing.

B said...

Yes why can't summer be summer. I do not find the lake relaxing either but it's better than all them at home being bored I guess and somehow I manage to lose weight over the summer..must be all the running around at the lake.

Anne Voskamp wrote on her blog last week..."Rest does not come when the body relaxes but when we lie into Jesus.", not exact quote but great post on how busy Mom's are and how we can find restoration.

Take care.

Bethany said...

I hear you, completely. I've barely blogged all summer. It's really sad because I do fun stuff through the summer but don't have any time to write about it! Glad you all had a fun trip!