Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where I try to catch up… again.

Right now, I am giving myself permission to sit & type…

Kiahna is playing behind the chair.  Talking to herself or the dog, or something.

Jadon went with Grandpa for awhile.

Lucas is playing video games & coming upstairs to do chores for me when I call him.

Leah is still laying in bed, with her ipod.

Zach has been with me to the chiro this morning, and he drove me to his work and then I came home.

James went to work.

That’s all of us right?

I’ve had one of the  busiest weeks of my life so far, at least as I can remember, maybe there were busier & I just blocked out the memory.

I put over 500 miles on my van this week, never going more that 40 miles from home.

See.

James Graduation announcements got mailed.

James Grad Card copy

Which means I now have no choice but to plan a party.  :)

It feels so good to have his college choice made.  I wish I would have had a chance to visit the college myself before he made the decision, but… I am one person, I must trust God, I must let James make his choices.

The financial aid package is so much better with this choice.  The college appears to be an excellent decision.  He will room with one of his best friends who he has known all his life, Alex.

I have to share this picture of them when they were young…

Top-8

The size ration may still be about the same!!  “Big Al” threw 53 feet 2 inches last night in the shot put, another school record. 

Track vs SW & Heritage 2010 145 copy

James ran another personal best of 15.2.  Still 1 tenth of a second shy of the school record.  2 or 3 more tries to meet or break it.

2010 AC Invite 1 152 002 copy

The next 3 kids are all doing well.  Hanging in there with me while I ask a lot of them.  Good kids.

Now, go fold your laundry. 

Oh, not you, them.

:)

Jadon had a really, really, really bad day on Thursday.  I am not even sure I am ready to talk about it.  He stayed home from school.  We went to a counseling appt.  Went to the health food store.  Made another therapy appointment at another place.  Prayed.  Cried.  Feared.  Prayed.

Friday was night & day different.  Maybe there was break through?  I don’t know.

We need hope.

Kiahna’s been doing okay.  Went to the play therapy again.  I don’t really know how that is going.  Next week I meet with her counselor to talk about it.

Tonight we have Mother’s day with my family.  & 3 birthdays.

I need to get food.  And gifts.  And make cake.

One birthday is one of my kids.

Lucas.

I asked him to wait until after graduation for a party.  I hate doing that to him.  May 18th is his day to turn 12!

I got poison ivy.  I itch.  I think I’ve seen the worst of it & don’t plan on going to the doctor. 

It’s cold again.  & cloudy.  Wanted to take newborn pictures of my new niece today.  Too cloudy.  Hoping Monday wont be too late for her to be sleepy for pictures.

Watched week 9 of Beth Moore’s Breaking Free Bible study yesterday.  She is so filled with the Holy Spirit.  And I have so much to grasp about the Love of God.  Asking Him to show me.

Reading another parenting book.  Hoping for some tools to deal with my strong willed children.  Maybe I’ll share if I find something working well.  It always sound good in theory when you read a book, doesn’t it?

Better get moving, more miles to put on the van ya know.

Pam

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

So happy for James. I hope everything works out wonderfully for him.

I'm so sorry about Jadon. How exhausting and hard. Praying you can find the right path. He's so lucky to have you--you just keep fighting for him. :)

Good luck with Kiahna, hope you get good news about the play therapy.

You are such a great mom and a blessing in your children's lives. Happy Mother's Day.

B said...

Phew, I think I got tired reading this post. Not only are you physically drained but emotionally.

I do pray for you. From the first moment I visted your blog you have been in my thoughts, many reasons, awed at your being a single mother to 6 kids, awed by the strength you pull from God, awed by what you go through daily and how you praise and never put down.


Though at times your world is chaos (and maybe its all the time) please know I think your amazing!!

LOVE LOVE The prom pics by the way.

Nicole Lyons said...

yes.. books or ideas always do sound wonderful.. until you try them and find that they are a lot harder.. sigh.. i need to do something with my children as well.. they just dont listen.. i punish.. i yell.. i take things.. they're good for a brief period and then it's back to not listening.. and not doing well in school.. i feel like when they fail at whatever it is they're supposed to be doing (listening, behaving, being kind, school, etc) that I'M failing them because I should have taught them better.. sigh.. so um yeah, please let us know if you find the secret to raising well behaved children will ya?! Thanks.. hehe