Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life is just hard…

It is so hard to be a teen today… I can’t imagine. 

Having access 24/7 to friends, technology, stimulation of your mind & emotions that just doesn’t stop.

That’s what kids  have when they have texting & ipods, computers, video games… no rest.  No break.  No way to get away from the drama.

Unless.

Your mom is really mean.

Forcing you to live like it’s 2000 or even 2005.

Shutting off your cell phone.

Banning you from your facebook account.

Refusing to purchase online game systems.

Or and Ipod.

They have it rough.

:)

Obviously, I am trying to make light of our recent difficulties around here.  Lots of punishments have been put in place.

Trust has been shattered.

Lies have been told.

As a parent you want to believe your kids wouldn’t lie.  Or that they wouldn’t make really stupid choices to begin with that they feel the need to lie about.

That doesn’t always happen either.

I really, really want to share our story of this past week, but I am still praying about how & if I can.  The reason I want to share it is that parents really need to know what is out there.  Up until this week there was a un-named monster out there preying on my children.  Today I have a name for that monster, and it’s preying on other children too.

Not ready to share that all yet.

Pray for your kids.

Pray for the schools.

Pray for the truth to be exposed.

Pray for the evil to be exposed.

Pray that if your kids are doing something they shouldn’t that they will be caught.

If you dare.

Because its hard to know the truth sometimes.

It can rock your world.

Ruin your week.

Cause you stress.

Push you to your knees.

But, that’s not always a bad place to find yourself.

Pam

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

amen!! i always pray for my kids to get caught and THEY DO. it is heartbreaking. but so much better for them to make those huge mistakes while under my roof then on their own.

praying with you

Mom24 said...

I COMPLETELY understand this, and I have been there. It's very hard to "catch" our kids, but much, much better in the long run. Yes, we have to deal with their failings, and often our own, but it's worth it in the long run.

Hope things get better soon. Stay strong my friend.

Denise said...

I needed to read this today. Recently, a little bit at a time, we've given in to the things that I used to be so against...first the iPod Touch, then the cell phone.
It was all okay at first, and then the drama started. It really opened my eyes to the fact that these kids can't handle the constant texting and calling. I was kicking myself for giving in to any of it.
I don't know exactly what you're talking about, and if you're ever comfortable writing about it, I'd like to know. I feel soooo old saying this, but I really can't keep up with everything that's out there now!
Meanwhile, I'll pray. I want to go on a vacation to the woods, far away from all of the technology!
I didn't comment on your last post, but I've been praying for you since I read it.

Tim said...

Hey Pam,

You are always in our prayers.

It was so good to come here and visit one of my bestest ole buddies. I know I have been off the blogging clock for a while now, but am slowly making my comeback. I have missed you bunches, and hope most all has been well.

I look forward to catching up, and will continue to have you and the kids in my prayers.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

SZM said...

Oh my goodness! I feel like you are describing my night last night! I am SO WITH YOU ON THIS!!! Thank you for your honesty and reminder to pray (even though that is what I did all night!) You are keeping it real and I truly appreciate that!!

Bethany said...

Oh wow, definitely praying for your family. I don't have children of my own but I worry about my teen siblings. They really do live a different life than I did growing up!

Laurel said...

We have had a very ugly monster visit our house before, too. Oh. So. Hard.

While I have 6 young adults (in addition to my 6 at home), and 5 of them are walking closely with Jesus right now, we have walked through some very TOUGH times.

Even those that are "walking with Jesus" can stray so very quickly. "Christian Kids" are doing things that are so very ungodly, and they don't even seem to connect that while their mouths profess Christ, their actions are in complete rebellion to His Word. Oh. So. Sad.

Walking through tough stuff with my 17 y.o. right now. Ready to lock up his computer and iPod ... already took away the cell phone. Yep. I am a MEAN MOM, and I don't regret it one bit.

Praying for you today.

Laurel :)

PS: If you want to chat about the Ugly Monster, just pop me an email.