Tuesday, June 1, 2010

If I could freeze the hands of time…

This may be the season in life I would freeze… I am not feeling ready for my first child to leave the nest… feeling emotional… ready for the much planned & anticipated & worked for future… but not really…

James Grad Party is Saturday night.  I have rented a reception hall.  The food is all planned, ordered, waiting a full day of pick up on Friday…

Saturday we will decorate.

Make Food.

Lots of people will help me.

James’ dad may or may not show up.  Either way it will have to be dealt with emotionally.

Can’t wrap my mind around how he shows his face after all of this… can’t go there.

I woke up this morning with some major (can’t bend) back pain… getting a massage & a chiro appt today….

We could really, really use prayers this week…

This past weekend was full of kids, food, sun, rain…

Saturday night Zach had friends over…

Freshmen 2010 Jumping copy

Then, one of the boys took home 2 of the girls, and then drove back to our house (without my knowledge & law says he’s not supposed to be out driving after 10pm or drive passengers).  He lost control on our gravel road & flipped his car in front of our house.

The rest of the kids watched it happen, came in the house screaming, I called 911, I was still on the phone with 911 when Kurt came running up to the house telling us he had just flipped his car.

So scary, so amazing he wasn’t hurt at all.  Car is totaled.  Parents weren’t pleased with his choices to break the laws & drive when he did… it wasn’t fun.

We all waited around it after 12:30 for the tow truck to come and flip over the car and take it away.  Totaled.

Sunday was nice, relaxing.  James had friends over & we had some family over.  We had a bon fire & the kids slept in the tent.

Monday it rained.

Hard.

Water in the garage.

Water in the basement.  Again.

There is never, ever, a dull moment around here.  You know, just in case you were wondering.

Please keep us in your prayers this week…

“Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Isaiah 40:31

Placing my hope in the Lord.

Pam

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Praying for you, Pam!

Praying that you will release the "what if?" question to the Lord.

Praying that all of the details for the party come together without a hitch.

Praying that the grad. party will be a BLESSING for James, for you, and for all of the guests.

Seriously, Pam ... I know the feeling of releasing our Big Kids (been there. done that. 6 times already). But, I consciously focus on all of the amazing things that the Lord has for my Big Kids. I focus on what He wants to do IN my Big Kids and THROUGH my Big Kids. It is a conscious decision that I have made over and over, not to get caught up in the "oh how I miss my Big Kids", but to focus on the amazing young adults that they are becoming. Moving from the teen years to the young adult years will keep us mamas on our toes ... but we need to release them and trust the Lord for them. (I know ... easier said than done.)

Blessings to you my friend!

Laurel :)

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh I am so glad that boy was OK. Scary stuff. I will keep you in my prayers.
Graduation party...how fun but so much work. Praying it all comes together.

Mom24 said...

Praying for you. Hope it manages to be a wonderful week as well.

Gayle said...

I'm already afraid of Nick leaving home and he still has another year. Although I did tell him he could live with me another 15 years until his little brother and sister grow up! LOL I know about the spouse thing. My kids' dad is 1 mile up the road and has nothing to do with two of this three. I guess I'm lucky because they moved on awhile ago and just don't care. But he does show his face now and again like he's super dad. Makes me angry, but I just laugh because everyone knows the real truth. Hope it goes easy for you whether he shows up or not. Have a fun party!

Carol said...

I hope that kid knows how blessed he is that only the car was totaled. Truly. I am so glad it turned out the way that it did.

I am praying for you during this busy, hectic, emotional, fun, happy, crazy week. Wish I could be there to help in some way.

It looks like your 2 olders are having lots of fun with friends. You are so great about welcoming them in and loving on them all.