Okay, If I actually did that I’d never stop writing now would I!!
The big things…
Still waiting to hear from the college James applied to last week about admission, scholarships, & the final price tag.
Canceled our trip to AU, as we wait to hear from the other college.
Waiting for ACT test scores that will decide A LOT!
I officially still HATE to wait.
Excited to watch James run again tonight, hoping for a fair race. Hoping he does his very best & he wins! Tonight’s race is against Bluf**ton & Wo**dlan. B has a fast guy. James has a faster time than anyone else in our conference so far… so exciting & nerve-racking!!
Working towards graduation, and the big open house we are hosting for James. The grad ceremony is June 6, his party is June 5. I rented a fellowship hall to have it in.
Working on the menu.
Guest list.
A slide show of memories.
Table decorations.
Praying about it all.
DEEP BREATH!!
**************************************
Taking Kiahna to her first play therapy appointment tomorrow.
It’s an hour drive each way & we are going to try it once a week for awhile here.
Praying for the counselor to see ways that we can help her & meet her needs.
She’s not doing awful, & Kindergarten screening went great!
I was asked if I was “doing okay with things with her”. My answer is, yes. BUT, just because I am doing okay & we have learned to function and adapt to her & her ways, doesn’t mean that there are not still issues & things that we could be doing to help her.
In my past experience, she has a hard time fitting into a mold of any one “diagnosis”. She exhibits traits of many different things, none of them majorly severe, but enough to keep her from reacting appropriately & processing things like most of us do.
Lots of prayers have been answered. I am thankful.
The rest of the kids are doing pretty well. Kinda taking a back seat to all the graduation preparing & James senior year.
Since we didn’t go to AU last weekend, I used an extra ticket some friends had to go to Beth Moore’s Simulcast last weekend.
A time of refreshing for me that was deeply needed.
My mom has been doing so much around my house to help me. She is an amazing blessing. Doing things that I can’t even think about doing at this point in my life.
I officially decided I am not even going to worry about my wood floor until after graduation. I am going to do dishes & get meals on the table & keep the washer going. Those are my high goals for housekeeping.
We get to cover our flowers tonight. Freeze warning. :) I knew it was a risk, but I was willing to take it, so now we can’t forget to cover them.
Thanks for reading!!
Pam
3 comments:
Good luck to James...I hope he comes out on top in this race!
Hi Pam,
Thinking of James and his race tonight.
Thanks for the update on how things are going. I'm finally slowing down long enough to read my friends' blogs.
Keep on keepin' on. It'll all slow down I think after graduation and all of the sports running. You are doing wonderfully! Praise God for your amazing parents.
So thankful that Kiahna is doing well and that you are able to seek help in order to help her even more.
Hugs from me to you,
Carol
Glad you took some time to "talk" to us! Missin your blog posts.
Praise the Lord for Reception halls! We don't have to clean our houses!!!
Take care girl!
Post a Comment