This is the time of year that I most think about moving out of the country and into the small (very small) town that my kids go to school in.
Or at the very least putting my sister’s pop up camper in the large yard of the baseball complex in town & staying there for the next 2 months.
5 of my kids are playing on 4 different baseball leagues this spring.
At least they all play at the same complex (most of the time, some of Zach’s won’t be there).
Too bad these coaches can’t get together and all plan their practices around my schedule & make MY life less confusing and inconvenienced.
Smile.
One trip to town, school & ball diamonds, 1 gas station, 1 restaurant (that closes at 8 on weekdays don’t try to go there after a track meet on a Thursday night!!), a tire sales/repair place, a grain taking place, a post office (also with strange hours). Is 12 miles one way from me.
I made that trip 3 times after school yesterday.
Not to mention going to Big B town, then Little B town, then D town the back to Little B town, before school let out!!
Why do I live out in the country again?
Ummmm… not sure.
But, you know the positive side of living out here is it gets me out of things like cleaning my house, doing our laundry, cooking, mowing the lawn, taking walks… you know because I am always driving!
We do love it out here…& we have great neighbors & family close. We carpool when we can. :)
So, don’t panic, we aren’t moving, at least not unless we move into that camper on the baseball field…
Pam
6 comments:
Don't forget.... MUD may be coming soon, or maybe we'll miss it this year :)
My sister-in-law, or two, will be out at that same field as you well know so give her/them a hug and ask her to give one to you for me. :-)
We'll be doing the baseball thing for 3 of our 5 and it all started last night for us.
Glad to be back here, Pam. I've missed it.
I am about the same distance from the city as you. When hockey was in session I would have those same days.
It is exhausting. Just ask my husband..lol. He did it one day with me and he could not believe how time consuming it is.
Hope your day settled down. I prayed for you whenever you came to mind.
We live right next to one and get to hear it all summer. It's not that great. Enjoy your quiet.
Town is nice for bike rides and walks though!
Been there. Done that. We lived out in the country when we had 7 kids on spring sports' teams (baseball and track). Crazy!!!
Now ... we live on an island and have a ferry to catch to go to all of the away track meets. Really CRAZY!!! One day we left at 12:30 for a 5:00 track meet, and got home at 10:30. The track meet was about 10 minutes across the water if we'd had our own boat. But, we don't, so we had to go with the ferry schedule. Our athletic director even had to get special permission for the ferry to make an unscheduled stop on the ride home, since it was later than our usual "last ferry of the day".
:) :) :)
I used to live in my van as it was 10-20 miles to the hockey rinks. It's 10 to Nick's school and 15 to Elijah's, and I don't really feel all that "country". Could you imagine all that could be done at home if our driving hours were shortened each day?
Post a Comment