Friday, April 16, 2010

Riding downhill fast.

Have you ever rode a bike down a big, long hill?

When you get near the bottom of the hill you reach maximum speed.

Speeds so fast your feet have to leave the pedals and just hang on and ride it out until the ground begins to level & your speed begins to slow.

Large Family + End of School year = Maximum Speed.

Add to the mix the fact that this is the end of a senior year.

Even faster.

If I told you how many things we have going on around here, you would probably either gasp, laugh, or shake your head in doubt of my sanity…

Even when the calendar is “empty”, there are 100’s of things that have been neglected around this house that scream for attention. 

I did say “no” to 2 things this week.  Unfortunately they were photo shoots.  I have a few on my schedule, and just can’t take anymore on at this time. 

So, see.  Have limits.

I feel like I really really could use some “me” time.  I guess that this afternoon when I go to Bible Study, and then travel with some other mom’s to the track meet, and we take the food for the team… that will have to count.  At least it will be adult conversation without my other children in tow (I think)!

So, if you see someone fly by with arms & legs flailing & screams of exhilaration coming from somewhere within the streak… it’s probably just a mom.  She probably is trying to plan a graduation, get to all six of her kids activities, get all 6 of her kids to their activities, make 72 cupcakes to take to the carnival, bag 50 bags of grapes for the track team, finish editing senior pictures, visit her child’s college, not stress about where the money will come from for college, make food for her family to eat that day, mow the yard, wash the dishes, braid hair, shop for her family, pay the bills, do the laundry, get the dog fixed, go to appointments… and she’s probably feeling guilty about all the things she is neglecting to do… like clean the house, exercise, fold the laundry, be at 2 or 3 places at once…

Smile and Wave.

Pam

4 comments:

B said...

Please do not read my post today...and if you do don't take it personally..lol.

Ah, I believe last spring was a little busy for you as well.

I can't imagine the speed of light your brain is working at these days.

Praying you find peace in your day somewhere if only for a moment to refresh you.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

feeling it along side you sister. i have photo shoots starting up soon too...wow.

Beth in NC said...

Oh Pam. I don't know how you do it. God bless you and give you supernatural grace to do each thing on your list.

Märta Harr said...

I love reading your blog, reminding me that gratefully I am not the only crazy Mom... trying! Thanks for your example, faith, and encouragement! Keep up the good work Mom! The rewards are out of this world! (Heavenly love from these little ones that we struggle to serve and the God above who loves us beyond measure for loving His children!) I know I'm going to miss these days... someday! Today I'm grateful to be a Mom!